Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

iPhone unlocked in Ireland not working in Canada

Scout

On the 6th of June I got my iPhone 6s unlocked in the 3 shop in Trim, Co. Meath. My phone was 'unlocked' in the shop however when I came to Canada my new sim card cannot be supported  by my phone.

I'm quite angry at this as I have already payed $40 dollars for a price plan I cannot use and will have to buy a new phone to get through the next 3 months here.

In addition to this problem, when I try to access the 'get handset unlock code' link on my3, the 3 website produces;

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /contact_form/unlockcode on this server.

If there is a way to unlock my Irish iPhone over here, again, I would greatly appreciate being guided to a solution.

Re: iPhone unlocked in Ireland not working in Canada

[ Edited ]

Hi @Fionnan 👋 I can look into this for you. 

Can you PM me your full name, number, address and date of birth so I can access your account?

What shop did you get this phone unlocked in?

Can you try to use this link here to request an unlocking code 👉 https://goo.gl/7RPAKr.

If this doesn't work can you take a screenshot of the error message you get please?

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Leader

There is a possibility that the Irish/European iPhone wouldn't have the correct frequencies to work on North American networks but i'm open to correction on that.

Scout
Want to upgrade and need this phone unlocking for my son. I'm due upgrade since April. Got email saying this phone iemi was never registered and can't for the love of Christ get it done on my3 account can anybody here do it as it seems to be the only way to get it done.
Posted From Samsung SM-G900F

Leader
Hi @Denny @MikeC59 has a Point. You have to make sure the frequency bands work for your network in Canada.

Check the model number of your iPhone, then check:

http://willmyphonework.net

Posted From HTC M8
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>