Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

iPhone XS Max purchased in US

Hello,

I’m a three customer and I’m heading off to the US in December. As I was planning on picking up the new iPhone this year to replace my 7, I thought getting it in the US would be by far the cheapest, which it is, but I’m slightly concerned that it may not work with Three when I come back to Ireland.

If I purchase a (completely unlocked) iPhone from an Apple Store over there and bring it back to Ireland will it work? I’ve checked Three 4G/3G/2G bands and they all seem to match up with the bands specified for the new iPhones. Alternatively, is it likely that Three could do me a better price (<€950) as part of an upgrade?

Thanks,
Sean
Posted From Apple iPhone

Re: iPhone XS Max purchased in US

3 Moderator

Hi Sean 👋  Sounds like a great trip you've got planned there. Please don't forget to check out our roaming rates before you go 👉  here . Although most unlock phones will work on any network, we cannot guarantee it. To be on the safe side, I can look at your upgrade options and see if there are any offers related to your account. I need your number, address and date of birth please to do this. Can you send these via PM? Deb

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>