Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Accepted Solution

When can NAC code be requested?

Navigator

My contract ends of 02/03/18 and I want to change to another provider. My iPhone SE is locked to Three and I will need the NAC. How soon can I request the NAC when contract is almost up? Will I have to wait until after the contract end date?

Chosen Solution

Re: When can NAC code be requested?

3 Moderator

Hey @croctopus another option for you, so you are not without service, is to give your 30 days on Feb 4th and that means your contract will still expire on the 2nd but your service will remain intact. You will automatically be on a rolling contract and you can continue to use the service for another 24/48 hours while you are waiting for the code? The tariff/charges etc will remain the same as what you are paying now and you will be charged pro rata for the line rental for the 2 days. If this is something you'd consider, let me know? 

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

Navigator

Sorry, meant to be contract end date is 02/03/19

You can request it but I think you have to pay the rest of contract. I did but that was nearly 2 years ago so I'm not 100%. Have you requested it in your my3? To see what happens?
Posted From Generic Android 2.0

3 Moderator

Hi Croctopus 👋 You can unlock your phone free of charge when your contract is up. If you were to unlock it now, you'd need to pay the early termination fee as you'd be canceling the contract. If you'd like to PM us your details, I'll take a look and see what I can do for you 😊 

@Three_Keith why would it remove the contract though? That's the first I ever heard of that. So if I want my phone unlocked, I'm cancelling the contract. I don't thing that's right.

3 Moderator

The phone is locked to the network for the 24 months of the contract as it's still technically property of 3 until the contract has ran it's course. Once you pay the early termination fee/unlock the phone you have bought yourself out of that contract. Of course, you can continue using the service on a rolling contract but you wouldn't be tied down to an exact contract date. 

Technically property of Three? This guy just wants to unlock the phone. No other network expects this. How does that even make sense. Let's say I have business Inna country you don't have roaming in so I need the phone unlocked for my trip. I'm expected to pay the 24 months up front before hand. That's far from fair I have to say.

3 Moderator

@Mac_n_cheese my colleague Keith is correct. Once you sign into a 24-month contract with a phone, you can't unlock the phone until out of contract or by paying the Early Termination Fee. If you were to request to unlock the phone yourself online for example 10 months into the contract, the request will be declined as the phone is bound to contract until that contract expires. Hope this clears it up a bit. 

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

@Three_Shauna . My opinion is that this is not fair practice and if you thought about it, you'd probably fee l that way too.

Was there a point in you replying here, I didn't say your colleague was wrong, I said it was not fair. you've misunderstood my post @Three_Keith is the mod I tagged not @Three_Shauna I don't think there's much more to add to this really. 

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>