Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Re: Esim support Ireland

[ Edited ]
3 Moderator

Hey @noel-6 👋 While we don't have an exact date on this, I can confirm we are currently in the testing stage. As soon as we are ready to launch, you'll see the info on it on our website and of course, we will have some info on it here too 😊 

Esim support Ireland

Lookout

Hello,

Over a year ago, your CTO indicated that esim would be a new technology to look for with Three:

www.three.ie/business/blog/technology-will-shape-2016/

I'm curious why this hasn't been implemented yet - I don't really see the big hassle, as several providers in Europe already do so (o2 in the UK, for instance), and it should be as simple as taking the SIM number on the device and entering that into your provisioning, rather than the other way around.

Look forward to hearing from you!

3 Moderator

Hi Xumtiil, we’re always looking to the future when it comes to mobile technologies and new innovations, especially with more and more people using small devices like wearables and home-gadgets.

As David outlined in his answer, we’re keeping a close eye on eSIM options because we see this technology has great potential. It’s not something we’re offering at the moment but if and when we do we’ll update you here on the Community 👍

Lookout

One year later.
Pixel 2 is coming out with esim.
Apple watch 3 is coming out with esim.

You'll be late to the party if you keep ignoring this.

Legend
No irish operator supports esim.
I dont see operators investing in supporting them until they roll out 5G.
There still isnt that many phones with esim support yet anyway

Lookout

1.5 years on, and you're still as silent as ever. More and more devices are going to start supporting this.

Could you please confirm that you're at least considering implementing it, ever.

Thanks

X.

[ Edited ]
3 Community Manager

@Xumtiil Definitely! We don't have a time-frame and it is in early testing but all of our products launch on our website so that's where you'll see it. We will let you know here as well, we tend to put together blogs on new products!

Thanks'

Legend
When you hear that 3 is rolling out 5g,look for esim support, id say it will be available around same time

Highlighted

Scout
Hello,

Any word on support for ESim yet? Beyond a joke at this stage, ireland is way behind in this technology.
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>

Top Discussions