Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Re: Outgoing web mail server issue with iPhone 7 plus

3 Community Manager

Hi Mike, our technical team is aware that some customers are experiencing difficulties with this. We are investigating and working towards a resolution. I'll update you here as soon as I have further information. 

3 Moderator

Hi Mike, we are continuing to work on this. 2 SMTP servers are up and running now but the service is intermittently stopping and then starting on both servers. We don't have a root cause of what is causing this so the investigation is ongoing. I'll update you again once we get more information. Mairéad 

Scout
Thanks for the response.
Have there been any further updates in relation to resolving this issue
since last post?

3 Moderator

The investigation is still ongoing MikeP, engineers are currently in our data centres working on this. As soon as we get another update, we'll keep you posted. Mairéad 

3 Community Manager

Hi there. There has been progress made regarding the outgoing servers for Eircom emails. Please send a test mail, let me know how it goes 👍

Scout
Hi this is marked as Solved but the resolution is not clear from the previous messages on this last page. Please would you explain what the resolution is? I have this problem on an iPhone 7 currently. Thanks
Posted From Apple iPhone

Anonymous

Hi there 👋 Thanks for getting in touch. Can I ask are you using the standard mail app on the iPhone 7 😊 Shane

Scout

Hi. Any update on whether or not this issue has been resolved?

Scout
I am also having same issue that is I can’t send emails using Eircom.net email address. Customer Support are clueless & didn’t know what the outgoing mail server was. Please publish the solution to this issue.
Posted From Apple iPhone
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

I think most are just using the web page to send and receive emails instead of trying to set up the eircom email on the email app. Eircom email issues are common to more than just Three so it probably due to that email being quite old. Also mail.relay.3ireland.ie is the outgoing I think. 

Posted From Generic Android 2.0
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>