Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Iphone 5s warranty?

Anonymous

Hi all,

My Iphone 5s is currently having issues and not turning on. I rang customer care last night and was told there is a 2 year warranty (purchased in April 2014). However I dropped into a 3 store today to send for repair and I was told its only a 1 year warranty and I will have to pay.

Very frustrating anyway, so can anyone confirm what the warranty period is?

Re: Iphone 5s warranty?

Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

There is only a 12 month warranty I'm afraid. Any work carried out on the phone would e chargeable.

may I ask what the issue is and maybe I or another user can try resolve it for you ?

Posted From Apple iPhone

Anonymous
Just wondering why it says 24 months warranty here?

http://forum.three.ie/t5/Other/insurace-claim/m-p/962/highlight/true#M205

It won't turn on at all and won't restore either, so kind of hitting a dead end as to what to do.

Anonymous

hi @Anonymous

I see, that is frustrating. . 

apple only allow 12 months warranty on their devices where as Samsung allow 24 months but that would be shipping it back to Samsung. I see @Three_Sheena did say in that post it has 24 months but I'm 1000% sure it is only 12 months.

your issue to me sounds like a battery issue, batteries are fairly cheap on eBay and you'd fit it yourself to be honest with you, their are plenty of videos on YouTube with the fitting phase that can guide you through it.

have you tried holding the power and home button together for a few mins?

Posted From Apple iPhone

Anonymous
Yep tried that but no joy, just says connect to itunes but when I do and try to restore it says unknown error occured. Might try drop it in for repair somewhere.

Anonymous

Hi

what error number are you seeing?

Posted From Apple iPhone

[ Edited ]
Scout

Why my iPhone 5s won t turn on? If you have encounter that question, you can try the following methods to fix it. Firstly, you need to ensure that your iPhone's battery is working. Secondly, you can press the "Home" button and the "Power" button to hard reset your iPhone device. If these two methods can fix your iPhone, you can use iTunes to restore your mobile phone to normal.

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>