Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Do you meanΒ 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

4G and 3G is so slow it's unusable.

Lookout

My 3G and 4G has been so slow my phone is unusable this past 2 months. I have contacted threecare on twitter who have advised each time that someone is working on the mast. This is a daily occurrence and speed tests have shown that the speed is between 0.2 and 1.6 mbps. On a number of occasions the data is so slow that the speed test will not even work.

Also, on most of my calls the phone doesn't even ring,  I get a message 10minutes later to say I missed a call. This is despite have full 3G or 4G bars. I'm beyond frustrated with a network that up until the end of the summer I had no issues with.

Re: 4G and 3G is so slow it's unusable.

@Liam00 that's not really good enough. How long? The weird part of your post is having full bars but phone doesn't ring. Have you tried a new SIM to see. seems to help sometimes.

Lookout
Hi Michael,

I haven’t tried a new sim yet. Do you send one out or will I call into a three store?

@Liam00 I'm just a community member but you'd get it quicker by going to a store, they're free. Might help. Let me know if it does.
Highlighted

Lookout
God sorry I thought you were a rep πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Haha! No the reps have Three before their names. I'm just helping where I can. If you want to speak with one of the mods you just put @Three_unsername like @Three_Rachel Community is usually community member helping out. You can send them a PM as well .

Lookout

same here joined three 2 weeks ago . everything ok until 2 days ago .network data might as well not exist. if not on just too slow to download anything

3 Moderator

Hi Liam00 πŸ‘‹ Is this happening everywhere you go or just in a particular location? I would also recommend a replacement SIM to rule out any possible fault with it. If you can PM me your number, full name, address and date of birth I can check how old your current SIM is? Susan 

3 Moderator

Hi @ann11 πŸ‘‹ Can you also let me know if this is happening everywhere or just in one location? Is your phone from Three or is it an unlocked phone? Susan 

Lookout

hi ..not sure but was working in home when i 1st joined three data was fine in home . since 3/4 days now no data . checked all inputs on phone all correct . its a sim free phone

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>

Top Discussions