Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

3 don't honour their guarantee. What to do with the IPhone?

Navigator

I bought an IPhone from the 3 store under a 2 year contract on Dec 23rd.  I was told that there would be 14 days to return the phone if there was coverage issues.  I have 'No Service' on the phone or else one bar.  I reported it on Wednesday morning and they are aware I have no service however the goalposts on this guarantee keep moving.  Apparently enough people havn't been inconvenienced yet; they want me to ask 20 people to ring me.  I did briefly consider a fb post exposing the three guarantee scam and asking people to ring me, but I don't have the time and there probably aren't 20 people on my fb who have my mobile no and would be willing to ring me in the next few hours.  If they did I wouldn't be surprised if they changed the goalposts again.  Anyway I'm moving back to Meteor after work and I want recommendations on what to do with the IPhone?  The store won't take it back without the code, three won't give me the code as I havn't inconvenienced enough people but I'm ready and willing to return it and get my refund.  I don't want to have to insure the phone indefinately and it's locked to three.

Re: 3 don't honour their guarantee. What to do with the IPh

3 Moderator

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear this. I'd be happy to help you with this. I'll need you to PM me your name, address, date of birth & number please.​​​​​​​

Navigator

This evening you told me that you have looked into it and there is an active fault on the mast which I have been predominantly connecting to since 24th December. You said that once the fault has been fixed and I still have no service, you will look into the 14 day money back guarantee.  I've been without service since the 23rd and this week three have told me twice that there were no faults in my area.  Suddenly this evening I'm told that there is a fault that you cannot give me any links to, can't track or cannot show me any link to where someone might have complained about the week's outage.  This beggars belief.  I'm expected to put up with lack of coverage indefinitely.  Well that's not going to happen and I will be returning to meteor as I think 'No Service' is a coverage limitation which does in fact make me eligible for my refund which you won't give me.  Now what to do with the phone please?

Hi, I've got back to your PM. 

Highlighted

Navigator

So Stephen messaged me and told me that 'We'll keep track of the work progress on the mast and once it's been resolved we'll get back to you here'.  I had been talking to Sylvester Almeida from the Tech team this morning who confirmed that it's the Bellelake mast my phone has been trying to connect to and there is no fault with that mast.  Sylvester knew nothing about the supposed fault that had been on that mast since Christmas eve.

There is no shame in having pockets of the country where you don't have coverage, I'm sure every network has them.  There is huge shame though in offering someone a 14 day return policy if there is a service limitation and then not honoring that guarantee.   Telling a customer that the reason they have no service is because of a fault and there being no fault.  That's disgraceful.

Now what am I to do with the IPhone?

Navigator

No, I still havn't been given the code to return the phone

Maestro

Hi @casp I've got back to your PM 👍

Navigator

Hi Julie, which mast are you saying will be restored soon?

3 Moderator

The mast in your area will be restored soon, this is part of the Big Upgrade.  

Navigator

Which mast will be restored soon Mairead?

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>