Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Your unlock request for IMEI 3521************7271

Lookout

Hi there,

I have made an unlock request and yesterday I have received the unlock code, but this code is not working. I have now tried several times and even contacted Vodafone (my new provider) to see what was wrong, but they told me that my Network still locked.

Can someone help me? Why 3 would send me an Unlock Code that does not work?

Thank you

Re: Your unlock request for IMEI 3521************7271

3 Community Manager

@marlombrei Sorry to hear about the code, we get these directly from the manufacturer. Are you getting an error when  you enter the code? Let me know exactly what's happening?

Lookout

Hi Rachel,

Once the phone is powered off I insert the Vodafone SIM card and power the phone on;

It them showns the message: "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK";

I have tried both Vodafone and 3 codes and this not work, showing the message:

“Network unlocked request unsuccessful”

So, I follow the "Alternative Instructions to unlock your Samsung phone"

• Remove the SIM card from the phone.
  • Turn on your mobile phone.
  • Key the following into the main screen of the handset
    #74*****5*638*#
  • The * (star) key is found under the number 7 on your keypad and the # (hash) key is found under the number 9 on your key pad.
  • You will be prompted to enter the network unlock
  • Key in the code 72******39
  • Once you have inserted the code, press OK.

This above process gives the message "Unlocked request unsuccessful"

I have contacted Vodafone and my new SIM is registered and all is okay in their side.

Thank you

3 Community Manager

Okay, so everything you've done is correct. Can you send me a PM (click on the Send me a PM in my signature) can you include the full IMEI, your old account details and the unlock code you're entering?  I'll check it out for you Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Lookout

Done. I had to do it manually.

thanks

Lookout

Hi there,

I got it sorted. I went back to the store and one of the guys there managed to unlock the phone.

Thank you very much for the help.

Best regards

Marlom

3 Moderator

Brilliant! Cheers for keeping us posted @marlombrei and so glad you got sorted! 😊

Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon