Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Re: Xiaomi Scooter Purchase

3 Community Manager

@Cojomo2 delighted you have the scooter! I've asked around in terms of the bluetooth and apps issue you're facing. @Michael_Mick has a point about the apps - are they compatible with the scooter and is the latest software updated? Maybe give us an example of the apps you're working with and I'll do my best to help. 

Legend

@Cojomo2  what phone are you using? and is it running the latest software for it.

Explorer

Hi, thanks for the replies.

I've tried the official Mi Home app and the Segway-Ninebot app. I have also tried a couple of others - same issue with all of them.

My phone is a Huawei p9 lite and I have also tried with a Huawei p8 lite.

I have also updated to the most recent software on my p9 lite. Each time I connect it auto disconnects after 5-10 seconds. Any pointers appreciated.

Cheers

Legend
reset my scooter's bluetooth (make sure scooter is turned off before doing this procedure) by holding the brake, holding the power button and the pressing the throttle. Do this all at the same time the scooter will beep 3-4 times and your done then try to reconnect it will ask you to re setup the scooter.

Posted From Generic Android 2.0

Explorer
Should have mentioned, tried that too..no joy. Tried it agaub there, still getting disconnected after about 10 seconds...thanks though! Hoping this isn't a fault with the scooter but as my phone can maintain a bt connection with other devices no problem, it looks like it might be Smiley Sad

3 Community Manager

@Cojomo2 Just checking, have you uninstalled the apps and tried again (I'm sure you have but just to confirm) Do you have a mi account on the mi website? Thanks'

Explorer
Hi Rachel, yep uninstalled and.installed a few times and I have set up an account also. Is it possible that the scooter Bluetooth is only compatible with certain phone models? Thanks

[ Edited ]
3 Community Manager

@Cojomo2 our Devices team have tried on a few phones without any issue but they didn't try with the same phone as you. I've asked for some steps so you can try them. Here they are:

Phone: 

the Huawei device –

• Reset the Bluetooth settings
  • “Forget” the connection to the Scooter (go into BT paired devices and select the scooter then forget”
  • Disconnect all other Bluetooth devices
  • Setup up Bluetooth connection from scratch

Scooter: 

• Reset Scooter bluetooth (make sure scooter is turned off) by holding the brake, holding the power button down and the pressing the throttle.
  • Do this all at the same time the scooter will beep 3-4 times, release all and then try to reconnect. Note: you will need to setup the scooter as if it was the first time

Let me know how you get on and we'll take it from there.

Legend

If you can get someone else to try and pair to your scooter and see if its a scooter problem or a phone problem

Explorer
Thanks Rachel, tried all of those steps, no joy.

As Billbond4 suggested, I asked a work colleague to connect via their samsung phone..they already had the ninebot app installed...worked for her no problem. So it seems that the scooter isn't compatible with Huawei phones!?
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>