Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

UK signal strength

Lookout
Why is my signal so consistently poor while I’m in the UK? I rarely get more than one bar and data speeds are appalling.
Highlighted

Re: UK signal strength

Leader

Hi wittymoniker

I'm sorry to hear this! If you're not happy with the signal you get while in the UK, I'd recommend manually searching for a different UK provider to see if their network can provide you with better service. For instance, if you're not happy with signal on 3 UK, then you could switch to O2 UK.

Hope this helps!

Lisa

Lookout
Thanks Lisa, will I be charged for using another provider?

3 Community Manager

Our price plans include EU roaming and the amount depends on the individual plan 😊 To check your own allowance you can log into My3 👉 3.ie/p2h89

Lookout
I understand that, thanks, but will I be charged outside my allowance for using a network other than 3?

3 Community Manager

The great thing about EU roaming is that you can select any network in an EU country to avail of your allowance. You'll be charged at your standard "home" price when you go outside of your allowance 💪 

Explorer

You can now roam on EE's 4G network while in the UK - It has the best coverage UK-Wide. You might want to try that out, it's really fast & coverage is great.

Leader

Hi Guys, 

To confirm, you aren't charged for using a different provider in the UK so there's no problem in selecting a different network while roaming. Whichever provider gives you the best speeds, I'd recommend going for that one 😉

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>