Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Texts not arriving from 1 person - Three ever block them?

Guide

Just to help us diagnose the problem (if you don't block any texts, we can just eliminate Three from our enquiries, so to speak!).

In case it helps, in my phone (Moto G 3rd gen 2015) I have a text conversation with my daughter (who's in England) that started 6 months ago.  Since about Christmas, none of her replies to me have got through (though they appear to send).  I can still text her, and she can still ring me from the same mobile she texts from.  I get texts from other senders ok.

(I've already checked my phone settings for anywhere I could have unintentionally blocked any texts, and found none).

Chosen Solution

Re: Texts not arriving from 1 person - Three ever block them

3 Staff

I've sent you a PM about this Chrysanth. It sounds like this could be possibly a routing issue that I'd like our tech team to check out further for you. If you can get back to me by PM, I'll raise this with our tech team to investigate this. 

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

3 Moderator

Hey there 👋 When you text your daughter, does she receive the texts? Can you send on a private message with your details and I'll look further into this? Mairéad 

Guide
Yes, like I said I can text her. (Everything's working normally except that her texts aren't reaching me.

PM sent - thanks.

Guide
Any news yet? Anyone out there know the answer?
It's just the first step in solving our problem, which is getting fairly urgent
In case it helps speed things up, the UK number in question starts with 079 41 (though might have been ported from another network). Don't have any other contacts with that prefix (or would have tested it).

3 Staff

Have you tried using the international prefix for the UK? It's 0044 or +44 and drop the 0 at the beginning of the number. 

[ Edited ]
Guide

Her number in my phone does include the UK international prefix (before the (0)79 network prefix), and I do know what it is. And can still text her via it. What could that have to do with the problem?

If you meant 'Is she using the international prefix for Ireland', yes she is, as she always has, and she's checked multiple times if her phone still has my number right (and can still ring me through that same number).  That's why I'm trying to find out if it's a network issue.  (I don't think she has any problem texting anyone else).

What's the news on looking into it since I sent the PM with my details?

And doesn't anyone at Three know if Three ever blocks texts from being received?

Guide
No, Three Notifications, I didn't get the answer I needed yet.
Posted From Motorola MotoG3

Legend
Get her to create a new text message and manually type in your full international phone number and see if that works.
Does she have an iPhone?

Posted From Android 2.0

3 Staff

@Chrysanth did the above solution work? 

Guide
No, it was the first thing she tried.
I've tested it with another UK person - same problem. Their phones always say the reply's been sent ok.

Daughter's phone is Samsung GT-19100, and she's on Virgin, which is over the EE network apparently. The other person in the UK has an iPhone SE, and is also on EE. I'll try someone on another network when I have time. Meanwhile, I've asked someone in Canada for a number to try with, to see if it's just the UK (or international texting generally).

The last text I've received from anyone outside ROI was from my daughter on December 26th (though she may be the only one who's tried). The first failed reply that I know of was to a text on January 6th, so looks like some mysterious thing happened in the week or so between those dates.

I've heard of people being unable to text internationally between carriers that don't have a roaming agreement, & wondered if Three made any changes to those at the end of last year/start of this one. But I don't know if that can cause a one-way problem?
Posted From Motorola MotoG3
Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>