Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Something's really wrong with battery consumption

Explorer

I'm having some very strange battery drainage problem, device used to hold up to about 3 days with average usage or about 10 hours gaming while temperature being really low with plane mode etc.

Now it's holds for about 4 hours just reading texts etc. and also temperature getting really high in a matter of few minutes no matter what I'm doing.

Device is Redmi Note 4 Snapdragon Global Stable

Re: Something's really wrong with battery consumption

Legend

Sounds like an update has effected your phone.

Check to see if there is any updates for apps on your phone and take them

[ Edited ]
Explorer

@Rameshsalvi wrote:

I'm having some very strange battery drainage problem, device used to hold up to about 3 days with average usage or about 10 hours gaming while temperature being really low with plane mode etc.

Now it's holds for about 4 hours just reading texts etc. and also temperature getting really high in a matter of few minutes no matter what I'm doing.

Device is Redmi Note 4 Snapdragon Global Stable

My issue has been solved

Lookout

How did you solve your battery problem? I’m having issues with mine - don’t use it all day and the android os and android system has used all the battery!

Posted From Apple iPad

3 Moderator

@DeniseG  Have you considered sending the phone to the repair centre to be assessed? Have you tried what @Mac_n_cheese mentioned on your other post yesterday? Battery consumption is down to how you're using your phone and how your apps are using it. Try to get rid of any app on your phone you don't use (you never know, that could be using the battery without you even opening it depending on how it's updating) It can be a case of trial and error until you find the apps that are possibly causing the drainage. 

Lookout
Hi, I finally got a number to call zte on (my phone is a zte). It's the operating system itself that's using up the battery. I've uninstalled Facebook, messenger, WhatsApp, easyJet, Flybe and ba but none of that worked. My phone will be fully charged at 7:30 am, I don't use it during the day when I'm at work but by the time I leave at 5:30, I'll be lucky to have 50% left.
Posted From Generic Android 2.0

Maestro
Shoot then that's a phone issue. Hope zte can help you
I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Legend
You need to backup, then a factory reset, try the phone for a day or two with no extra apps and install apps a few every day to isolate the faulty app

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>