Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

STUCK IN A NEW CONTRACT. Accept it!!!

Anonymous
For years I lived with terrible poor speeds on 3 broadband, but was my best option. My contract finished last year, I then got Vodafone 4g, which had great speeds.

I got a call from 3 about upgrading and I said no, poor speeds, and was told my device was old and the new devices would have big improvements, &4G, and I'd have 2 weeks to try. So I agreed to try, and the speeds WERE great 20mbs+.
Now my 2 weeks are up, what am I getting.... .9-1.4mbs. AND now I am stuck in a contract. I have contacted support and have listened to the usual, bad area, had bad weather, and it's above .4mbs which is acceptable for mobile broadband!!!!!

For 3 weeks I was getting 4G speeds, 15-25mbs, so it's not a bad area, weather at the minute is overcast with light rain. Obviously the problem is there, but sure we'll not bother trying to find it....

STUCK IN A NEW CONTRACT

Re: STUCK IN A NEW CONTRACT. Accept it!!!

Wizard

Hi @Sevagh,

I'd like to look into this for you. I'd need to check your account so pop me on your details in a PM and I'll take it from there Smiley Happy

Bob

Anonymous
How did you fair out with this seveagh, are you still stuck with essentially a paperweight

Anonymous
It's being investigated!! I got a call from support last Saturday, and after repeating the issues over and over, I felt he was probably hoping I'd say thanks for the call and hang up, but, after 5-10 mins of being told there's nothing wrong I was put on hold and when he came back he informed me that there seems to be an issue from the mast and looked to be a drop in volume from it. Do I believe this? I don't know, because, why didn't I hear this on the first phone call. This is what I don't understand, you ring for help and your told by CS that there's no point putting it to tech support because my DL speed is above .4mbs. Then post here and tech support rings you, try to tell you there's no problems, oh and then there is!!! During the week I got another call to say they're still looking into it.

I hate to come across looking like I'm having a go at the sevice team, but it just seems like there's a lack of understanding or care, laziness to an extent, that's what can come across, especially my second call, when she said no point putting it to tech support as its above .4mbs DL

Here to hoping it will be resolved.

Anonymous
So essentially there seems to be an issue with three.ie equipment, have you logged this phone call time date person you were talking to etc,have you asked for instance are you contracted to them when their equipment is faulty or what timeframe will it be repaired, what are the repercussions if their timeline s are not met,compensation freebies etc. Tech support from what I can see, do their best within the remit of what they are probably limited.essentialy they can only work with the equipment they have,but I fear they are also managed in such a way that no one shares information and hopefully the troublesome customer will go away,

Anonymous
No, nothing logged!! Dunno anything about their equipment. First call with CS we went through router settings, CS guy was helpful and patient, no fix. Week later CS girl was brief, again TS won't want to know as my DL speed was above .4mps. So, where does one go from there??!!!! I'm sure they have all angles covered within the contract print.

All I can do is give it another while, and then....... I don't know.

Anonymous
Under the sale of goods and supply of services act1980 goods (services) must be of merchandiseable quality, should be of reasonable quality taking into account what they are meant to do.must be as described, the buyer must not be mislead into buying something by the description of goods (services) orally by a sales person, were you told that maintenance would be done to the mast which might limit ur Internet speed,if you were not and the maintenance was planned then therefore you were missold and given misleading info.the fact that company policy is not to allow you out of contract is irrelevant as they are not providing you a service which you were expecting

Anonymous
Thanks for this rustyscrew!! I was sold massive improvements with my new 4g device, which I did, for a few weeks, but when my new monthly allowance kicked in, it was bye bye.

It seems to be that if you receive their service and it is above .4mbs, then they're covered. So from 16-23mbs to .9-1.4mbs on 4g still comes in above that.

nteresting to know if this is an acceptable speed that three have put there themselves, or if it's agreed with some comreg type outfit.

All I can do is wait for further response from them, and if not resolved, then take it from there.
Unfortunately It'll probably be another year or so before fibre runs my way.

Anonymous
Unfortunately I can't really answer. U are going to have to determine if this is of any use under ur situation
eu directive no.2005/29/economic 11/5/05 it is a criminal offence for a company to make false claims about the price characteristics and availability of a product or service, verbally or otherwise,
Also under same act it is an offence to make it unnecessarily difficult to end a contract or switch provider punishable by fines of €60 000 and/or 18 months in jail.
If the amount left on the contract is under €2000 the small claims court is accessible to u and can issue a judgement on this,making three.ie accountable and have to submit all evidence in order to defend themselves, all u have to do is have logged account s, dates and times of all transactions including phone calls this is easier got than u think,

Anonymous
Also the call initially from the agent would be logged onto the recording and has to be made available to you, for a small fee 6€ I think, if he states in the call that higher speeds are available now with 4g and that newer equipment would help,it was therefore implied that the new equipment would be a permanent solution for your needs,if you have evidence of the slower speeds then therefore the new equipment is therefore not fit for purpose. Any update let us know
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>