Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

No service in Australia severely affects phone performance

[ Edited ]
Lookout

Hi. I have just returned from Australia and wondered if anyone else has had network issues whilst there.

The phone would link to a network ( normally Vodafone Aus ) it would stay connected for anything between 30 seconds and 10 minutes then drop the signal. Whilst connected to a network it worked fine. I checked with other people around and they had full signal on the network I was using.

As soon as the network dropped things would go wrong. if I attempted to look at old texts, it would attempt to load the texts page, but immediately went back to the home screen. It would take about 2 minutes to load the camera and a similar time to load apps or indeed the gallery. Many times I had to force a restart. If I turned flight mode on and then off if would connect to a network but the disconnect, etc as described above.

The phone also restarted itself every night whilst charging and the battery life dropped by 50%.

On the way over we stopped in Singapore and the phone was perfect. It also started functioning properly again when we returned to the UK and connected to the Three network.

Whilst in Australia I contacted Three who suggested forcing it to connect to another network, this made no difference at all. They also suggested using 2 and 3g only,  again this made no difference. Since getting back I have also tried to speak to three support,  but they just repeated the script they used when I called from Australia. 

I had particularly taken out an Advanced Plan so I could use it from Australia,  what a waste that was. 

Posted From Generic Android 2.0 Tablet
Highlighted

Re: No service in Australia severely affects phone performan

@Popeye Reading your post I just have to ask. Are you a 3UK customer or Ireland customer? It's not clear, for me?

Lookout

Hi. I am a three UK customer. 

Cheers

Posted From Generic Android 2.0 Tablet

Ah cool thought so. this is Three community from across the water! Mods won't be able to help because your not a customer here but sounds like netowrk partner issue in Australia.
Posted From Huawei ANE-LX1

Lookout
Oops sorry I didn't know there was a difference. Really appreciate you taking time to answer. Cheers
Posted From Generic Android 2.0
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>