Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

New sim and iCloud backup

Scout
Hi I had my phone stolen recently and have just got a new iPhone. I was advised it should be under 3 hours until my old number has been transferred and i should receive regular updates on its progress. It’s been a couple of hours and I haven’t received any texts. Does anyone know if this is normal? Also I was not given the option to backup from an old iPhone/ iCloud. Does this mean there’s no hope of rectrieving anything? I hadn’t backed up my phone in a long time. I’m clutching at straws but is there a chance when my number is transferred i may be able to retrieve something? I’m devastated to have lost all my pictures/chats etc
Posted From Apple iPhone

Re: New sim and iCloud backup

Maestro
@Laura4 it can take up to 24 hours but from my experience it takes 2 hours. Send the mods a PM and they will check the sim change for you. Give them your number, name,address and date of birth in the PM
I'm not an apple user but from what I do know, you will only get back what you have backed up. You'll be setting it up with your apple i.d. it'll transfer up to the last time you backed it up, everything after that point is on your otherphone. Sorry!
I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy
Posted From Generic Android 2.0

3 Community Manager

@Laura4 let me know if you need me to check on your SIM activation. All I need is the information @Mac_n_cheese has outlined above. Click on "send me a PM" Link in my signature. Thanks'

Legend
Doubt you will get anything, maybe some apps like Instagram may re download stuff, but photos are probably gone.

Highlighted

Legend
Btw once you login with appleid phone should start downloading whatever is on cloud so you should have gotten stuff by now if you have WiFi

[ Edited ]
Scout

@Laura4 wrote:
Hi I had my phone stolen recently and have just got a new iPhone. I was advised it should be under 3 hours until my old number has been transferred and i should receive regular updates on its progress. It’s been a couple of hours and I haven’t received any texts. Does anyone know if this is normal? Also I was not given the option to backup from an old iPhone/ iCloud. Does this mean there’s no hope of rectrieving anything? I hadn’t backed up my phone in a long time. I’m clutching at straws but is there a chance when my number is transferred i may be able to retrieve something? I’m devastated to have lost all my pictures/chats etc

i had my phone stolen too but it's about a couple of months ago.  As far I know we can retrieve our old data with having our icloud id logged in another iphone 

*post edited 

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>