Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Internet speed s with three.ie

Anonymous
I am just wondering what are the accepted speeds of Internet in order for three.ie to call it 4g.it has come to my attention that a surprisingly low speed could actually be called 4g when in fact it is marginally faster than in fact 3g, also at what point would 3 g be called 4g,what are the parameter s of difference of speed s between the actual two. And if you were sold a product essentialy expecting 4g and informed that it was in ur area,are three.ie breaking their contract, and would one be able under eu directive a to cancel contract. Or is it in the fine print of contract that essentialy u can give a drivel of speed and the general public has to accept what is given to them once the 14 day cancellation period is up.how would one rectify this. I'm asking for a friend

Re: Internet speed s with three.ie

Anonymous
Why no answer s,surely this is a fundamental part of three.ie to be open and honest about the services they offer.are three.ie afraid to answer the hard questions which may result in a loss of revenue if people get over the spin and hype that 3g and 4g can in actually fact quite similar in speeds.

3 Staff

Hey Rustyscrew, you can find out all the info here on 4G: http://www.three.ie/explore/4g/ but it generally can be up to 10 times faster than 3G speeds. Let me know what speeds you're getting and we'll be sure to have it looked at for you. At the above link you can also check the areas where we've currently got 4G signal.

Anonymous
That's not very clear as it says Up To ten times faster , my question is if 3 g is on top form and working at its maximum and 4g is at its minimum what could still be considered 4g,what percentage quicker if indeed any faster, is it. Up to 10 times quicker is very vague, I'm sorry, you obviously didn't read my previous posts if you are asking me what my speeds are.as I said I'm asking for a friend

Anonymous
I have been receiving very poor internet speeds for the past while. I have showed numerious people the speeds i receive in order to inform them what to expect if they get internet with three.ie. Thankfully for them they decided to get internet supply with rival company and i will continue to do so
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>