Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Hong Kong roaming

Anonymous
I have no data roaming in Hong Kong, it's been like this for almost a year and is the same for a number of my colleagues. Can you suggest a reason for this?

Re: Hong Kong roaming

3 Staff

Hi Alan, is it all over Hong Kong or is it specific to one area? 

Anonymous
It is specific to one area, where I spend 95%, and has been going on for a long time. I've been told the transmitter is at fault and there is nothing you can do, but meanwhile I'm left without a service that I pay for.

Alan Quigley

3 Staff

It sounds like this is a localised issue Alan and these are usually outside of our control in terms of the fix time. If you can PM your account details I can see if there;s any recent updates on this. 

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

I've contacted 3 Hong Kong as well and they shift the blame back to 3 Ireland, it really is frustrating.

My details:
xxxxxx

Can you supply a case number as comreg require one to deal with the issue.

3 Staff

I've deleted your details from here Alan as they were posted on a public forum. For any case you raise with Comreg it's just your mobile number that you'd require as a reference. I see we've looked into this for you before here Alan and our tech team have confirmed that the network in Hong Kong is fine for roaming except for one specific area and this matter is a local issue. There may be structures in that region which are blocking signal and due to the nature of Telecommunications we cannot 100% guarantee coverage indoors or in all outdoor urban and rural areas based on different surroundings. 

Highlighted

Anonymous
Thanks again, but I know it is not a structural issue. I have a 3 UK phone right beside my Irish one and the roaming works fine on it.
Please send my a case number so I can pursue this further myself.

Maestro

Hi there, can you pop us a PM with your account details, I'll get this checked out. 

Legend
Just thinking were you an o2 subscriber originally?

Anonymous
No, 3 all along.
Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon