Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Highlighted

Game of Thrones, who’s excited for Season 8?

[ Edited ]
3 Moderator

GoT 2.jpg

Game of Thrones, who’s excited for Season 8?

* Warning: speculation, rather than spoilers ahead for the TV series.

Game of Thrones was first released in April 2011, and on April 14th 2019 the last season EVER will be aired on HBO. I’m a huge fan of this series and I know once this ends, I’ll struggle to find a TV series that captures my interest and leaves me hungry for more! Let's talk about some theories floating around the internet and let me know if you agree or maybe you have a completely different take on what season 8 will bring. You can share your thoughts below.

The creatures.

In the beginning, there were six dire wolves and three dragons. Now we have two wolves: Ghost and Nymeria and two dragons: Drogon and Rhaegal and one white walker dragon: Viserion. I personally think there are actually three remaining direwolves. We saw Summer, Bran’s direwolf, being encircled by about 10 white walkers//zombies. It’s implied that the direwolf sacrificed his life to save Bran and company but we didn’t actually see this. Now, pointing out the obvious here, white walkers are everywhere in the North and if the theories are true about Bran being the Night King, then Surely it’s a lot easier to change a direwolf into a white walker than a dragon? Being a lover of both the dragons and the direwolves and being completely distraught when Viserion was killed and turned, it would break my heart to see it happen to Summer but perhaps this will be revealed in Season 8.

The Red Priestess to return and what will she bring?

The Red Priestess, Melisandre, announced that she will sail to Volantis, one of the free cities of Essos, and her departing words were "I will return, dear Spider, one last time." "I have to die in this strange country, just like you." So we know we will see this high priestess again. Will she be alone or will she bring company, in the form of an army that follows a fire god, which sounds pretty useful in a battle against ice undead monsters that are vulnerable to fire?

Tyrion – the outcast and disappointment to the Lannister line

or

Tyrion – the secret love child of Aerys Targaryen and Joanna Lannister, father of dragons.

There is a popular theory that Tyrion is actually a Targaryen which stems from the famous last words that Tywin said to Tyrion “You are no son of mine”. Fueling this theory is how chill Tyrion was with the dragons and the dragons allowing Tyrion to touch them. Season 8 will reveal all, we hope!

On a side note, what if Tyrion betrays Daenerys? Has he made a deal with Cersei with promises of her unborn child being made queen in the place of Daenerys? I really hope not, but there are many GoT fans that believe a conversation was had between Tyrion and Daenerys which was not shown in season 7.

Who’s next on the chopping block?

Game of Thrones is notorious for killing off characters; I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention this here.. I think that Arya or Sansa will survive the battles and treachery to come. Meaning there is a Queen left to claim the north. Perhaps they will both survive, Tyrion Lannister said in an earlier season “Lady Sansa, Lady Stark, you may survive us yet'. Does this statement give us a glimpse of the future? Which of the main characters do you think will be next in line to meet a gory end?

Baby Boom?

Lastly, does anybody else think that there’s going to be a baby Targaryen? Daenerys and Jon Snow seem to be very close and cosy in the latest trailers and publications. If there is a baby, I think that this baby is going to be a boy and be the rightful heir to the Seven Kingdoms. The future king will be adopted by the queen of the north and grow up in Winterfell, where he/she will learn to have morals and a sense of honour, like the dad.

Nobody, apart from the obvious, truly knows what the final season will bring, and I hope the writers do the characters justice. Undoubtedly, some of us will be disappointed because you can’t please everyone, but my hopes are set high that this season will be THE season to remember and we’ll be talking about it for years to come.

Do you agree or disagree with any of the above?

What are your predictions for GoT Season 8?

GoT.JPG

Re: Game of Thrones, who’s excited for Season 8?

Maestro
I'm a big fan of the TV series myself and I definitely have considered the possibility that everyone will meet a very gory end!

Tyrian betraying Daenerys is not something I want to see happen but maybe his need to be accepted will over on his moral compass, hope not though!

It will be a season to remember, anything else will leave us all more than disappointed.
I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy
Posted From Generic Android 2.0

Legend

200.gif

Maestro
Roll on the 14th!!
I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

3 Moderator

I can't wait for this season either, I'm hoping it's the best ever 🤞 So I was reading something today on Cosmopolitan, that suggested that all the dragons will become White Walkers, (I'll be devastated) and poor heartbroken Daenerys will choose them over the living and become a White Walker herself 😱 This never crossed my mind.

What do you all think of that one? 

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>