Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Highlighted

Advised by 3 to switch off 4g

Lookout
I reported that data was slow for me in central London. Running Ookla speed test showed < 1mbps download and the Three app can’t finish loading pages. This was in both N1 and EC3M. My Vodafone phone runs at 26mbps. This has been a problem for a while. For 3 I’m using an iPhone X. 3 advises me to switch off 4g. Running 3G only speed is 8-10mbps. I got the impression this was a problem they had seen before. Anyone else having this issue.
Posted From Apple iPhone

Re: Advised by 3 to switch off 4g

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

Hi Butidomtcare 👋 Welcome to the Community! Are you roaming in London currently or are you a Three UK customer? We can't control speeds in other countries but if you are a Three Ireland customer, I recommend connecting to the same network you're Vodafone SIM is connecting too 😊

Legend
When your roaming with three you can only connect to 3g networks, so that's why it's advisable to disable 4g while roaming

Posted From Sony H8266

Lookout
My post was unclear. Im not roaming with 3. I have two phones and I am just comparing performance of 3 vs Vodafone on each.
Posted From Apple iPhone

Lookout
My post was unclear. I am a 3 customer on an iPhone X. I have a second phone and I use Vodafone on that. I’m just comparing performance of vodafone vs 3 3G vs 3 4g in the locations where I work around London. I’m finding that for me with an iPhone X 3 effectively doesn’t have a usable 4g network in London. In every location I’ve tried data is faster if I switch off 4g. I’m just wondering if others have experienced the same issue
Posted From Apple iPhone
Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>