Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

5G roll-out [LTE Advanced Pro]

Pathfinder

Hi all!

I am looking for updates regarding 5G roll-out in Ireland. It was promised to come live this year, although we have May already and still not sure, if any of 5G coverage actually exists.
Where can we find out more about it? Or at least to see a coverage map for Dublin?

Nowadays 4G is choking, at least in my area... Night time and early mornings I can get up to 106 Mb/s... on the evenings barely 1-5 Mb/s. Using internet on 4G especially on weekends or BH is a pain. YouTube in 240p or 360p causes my eyes to bleed Smiley Sad 
I know this is Era of High Definition Video Streaming... Netflix, YouTube... Everyone has screen 1080p, 1440p or higher so this is incredible amount of data to flow every second. We DO NEED 5G asap. 

5G coverage is an only reason for me to get a new phone too Smiley Happy

Re: 5G roll-out [LTE Advanced Pro]

I read a press statement a few months ago that it is in the plans but still testing I'd say. We'll be looking at 2020 I'd say but at least it's definitely coming. Agree about the 4G situation in evenings and yeah it's down to the numbers streaming and downloading as well as the 1440p. There's massive demand and that can be seen on the evenings and weekends. @eclipse05

Pathfinder

It is a must... so waiting for some official news. 
If there is anyone here with 5G capable phone, please tell others if it's working.

Legend
I'd say it will be late 2021 before it's rolled out in ireland, comreg have had to give back money to some operators as they haven't Been able to use their frequencies yet.
5G will cost a lot to rollout, more fiber and lots of masts, so I'd guess it will be rolled out in cities bigger towns first

Pathfinder

It is possible, but I really hope it won't be that long. 
LTE in Three on the evenings reminds me times of dial-up over modem. Times where had to wait for a landing page to load Smiley Happy

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>