Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

When is Windows Phone 10 coming?

Anonymous
Hi three. There is a report coming from T-Mobile in Poland that the new windows phone OS is being released over the air (OTA) as we speak. Swisstech also have said they are releasing it on January 19th. I have looked in your facebook and forums and nothing is being mentioned about it.

Thank you
Éire
Posted From Nokia 640 XL

Re: When is Windows Phone 10 coming?

Legend

Is there Three specific firmware on your phone?

Legend

Have you tried to manually get the update, as mentioned here by going to gettings?

http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2016/01/14/lumia-640-windows-10-mobile-update-finally-starts-rolling/

How about plugging phone into a pc and see if that picks up the update sooner?

Anonymous
I have tried over the air OTA and the windows recovery tool on the pc only puts windows phone 8.1 update 2 (which is currently in my phone) no I don't have three specific firmware but I am connected to the three network and I have three push notifications on so it is network dependent. I also don't want to install the insider preview version as its buggy and unfinished. Just looking for an answer from three on this issue.
Posted From Nokia 640 XL

Hi there, what make and model is your phone? I can check this out for you.

Anonymous
Its Microsoft Lumia 640 XL. Thanks Éire
Posted From Nokia 640 XL

I'll check this out for you and post back as soon as I have an update Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Ok its rumoured to be coming on Tuesday next but id like to know the exact date as you would know better as your my phone carrier and surely you have a relationship with Microsoft in so far as firmware / OS releases and patches to fix errors and such. Thanks Sophie very much.
Éire
Posted From Nokia 640 XL

No worries I'll be in touch as soon as I know more Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Wizard

Hi @Anonymous,

Just received info back on this from the devices team. They say they haven't an exact date for the launch but that Microsoft are hoping to have an update on this in the next few weeks. Be sure to pop back to me here if you need anything else.

Thanks,

Bob

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>