Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

network doesn't work in Sweden!

Navigator
Hello,
Last year I had to buy a new mobile phone when I lived in Canada, long story short my Irish phone stopped working in North Ontario (even after unlocking it when buying a new Canadian SIM in Alberta), anyway, so I bought a new mobile phone through Koodo. A Motog4 plus. And it's been great ever since. Coming back to Ireland all I had to do was to unlock it through Koodo and I was good to go and start using my Irish three SIM again like before I left.
Flying home to Sweden though yesterday and I didn't receive any txt landing here. I don't have any network at all actually! And can't choose a Swedish one either. I have emergency calls only. Now with the free roaming in Europe (which I hope is the same for three, right????) I thought it would work just fine. I need to use my phone here asp. I need help! Thanks!

Re: network doesn't work in Sweden!

Legend

have you been using your irish 3 sim since you left?

If you havent the sim will be de-activated.

Navigator
I used my SIM in Ireland. Won't work in Sweden. Usually I get a txt when
landing, now I didn't. Have no network at all. Didn't put in roaming since
the new EU rules with the new roaming should work right?

Legend

Yes, thats right.

So you used your 3 sim in ireland before going to sweden this week?

Navigator
Yes I did.

Legend

disable 4G, restart your phone and see if you can connect to Tre Se

Navigator
Tried it. Didn't work. Just left me with a annoying pop up I can't take
away now. (Network unavailable).

Hi @gunnmarti 👋 As @billbond4 said, can you make sure 4G is turned off and enable data roaming? Our roaming partners are 3 and Comviq, can you try connecting to either of these networks? If this still doesn't help, pop me a PM with your number, full name, address and date of birth and I'll make sure everything is set up correctly on your account 👍

Navigator
It didn't work. Do I reply my information here?

I've just got back to your PM @gunnmarti I've made a change on your account which should sort this out if you can let me know how you get on? 

Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon