Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

network doesn't work in Sweden!

Navigator
Hello,
Last year I had to buy a new mobile phone when I lived in Canada, long story short my Irish phone stopped working in North Ontario (even after unlocking it when buying a new Canadian SIM in Alberta), anyway, so I bought a new mobile phone through Koodo. A Motog4 plus. And it's been great ever since. Coming back to Ireland all I had to do was to unlock it through Koodo and I was good to go and start using my Irish three SIM again like before I left.
Flying home to Sweden though yesterday and I didn't receive any txt landing here. I don't have any network at all actually! And can't choose a Swedish one either. I have emergency calls only. Now with the free roaming in Europe (which I hope is the same for three, right????) I thought it would work just fine. I need to use my phone here asp. I need help! Thanks!

Re: network doesn't work in Sweden!

Legend

have you been using your irish 3 sim since you left?

If you havent the sim will be de-activated.

Navigator
I used my SIM in Ireland. Won't work in Sweden. Usually I get a txt when
landing, now I didn't. Have no network at all. Didn't put in roaming since
the new EU rules with the new roaming should work right?

Legend

Yes, thats right.

So you used your 3 sim in ireland before going to sweden this week?

Navigator
Yes I did.

Legend

disable 4G, restart your phone and see if you can connect to Tre Se

Navigator
Tried it. Didn't work. Just left me with a annoying pop up I can't take
away now. (Network unavailable).

Hi @gunnmarti 👋 As @billbond4 said, can you make sure 4G is turned off and enable data roaming? Our roaming partners are 3 and Comviq, can you try connecting to either of these networks? If this still doesn't help, pop me a PM with your number, full name, address and date of birth and I'll make sure everything is set up correctly on your account 👍

Navigator
It didn't work. Do I reply my information here?
Highlighted

I've just got back to your PM @gunnmarti I've made a change on your account which should sort this out if you can let me know how you get on? 

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>