Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

iMessage problem

Navigator

Morning all.

I switched from Vodafone a few months back and I've been having some trouble with iMessage on an iPhone since. Basiclly I get the iMessage but then randomly I get the message as a normal text message after. I've tried Apples troubleshooting (turn iMessage and Facetime off-on, reset network settings etc) but it keeps happening me.

I didn't have an issue on Vodafone and generally speaking my coverage with 3 is fine, could it be looked into?  Many thanks.

Re: iMessage problem

@xithus  Are you sure the person sending it isn't sending it as a normal text? If your coverage is fine and it's something you're receiving then the issue might be on the other side. 

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Navigator
Thanks Mac.

It happens when I am receiving messages, and from different people with iPhones. So it seems to be a problem at my end.

Okay cool. It could be your phone. Even if it was okay before it switches, problems can occur with phones at any time. Is the phone less than 2 years old
I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Navigator
Thanks. The phone is pretty new, in my opinion the timing of the issue it too coincidental with me switching to 3, that’s when the issue began. I’d be curious to know if this is happening anyone else on the network.

Legend
Are you on the latest ios?

Navigator
I am yes, 12.2. I’ve also gone into settings - about and checked for a carrier file update. Thanks.

3 Community Manager

@xithus, iMessage is an Apple product, we provide the data connection. I'm wondering if you have updated your "contact" number in your settings. You'd have had a temporary 083 number when you ported over. 

Navigator
Thanks Deborah. Have you heard of this happening to anyone else? I’m pretty techy myself so I understand how iMessage works and I’ve tried Apples solutions before posting here despite the issue appearing when I switched to 3.

[ Edited ]
3 Community Manager

To be honest, I haven't really heard of it before apart from if the number isn't updated in the settings after a port in. iMessage is a phone feature and requires data connection to work on both sides i.e. to send and receive. Have you tried your SIM in a different iPhone as it might help rule out a phone problem if the same thing happens?  

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>