Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

can no longer text to specific German number

Navigator

In Germany yesterday I could not send a text to a German mobile I have sent to many times.  Thought it was a roaming issue but cannot text to it today in Ireland either.   When I try to use it I get message: "Invalid recipient.  Unable to add this recipient.  The recipient's number is not valid."

+49 is in the number -- it's one of my Favorites.  I have texted to it before when in Ireland and when another country.  What's up?

Re: can no longer text to specific German number

Legend

What country are you in now?

If your in Germany, try to send it by removing the +49 and adding the 0 prefix.

Navigator
Currently back in Ireland. Still doesn’t work. Worked fine two weeks ago when I was here in Ireland. BTW, worked fine on my husband’s Vodaphone mobile in Germany and in Ireland. Smiley Sad Thanks for the thought.

Legend

There could be a fault between three and the network your sending to, best to get onto the mods here.

What German network is the person your sending a text to on?

Navigator
not sure. probably vodaphone or O2. So maybe I should just wait a few days and see if anything changes?

Legend

your probably a small number of people texting from Three Ireland to that German network.

Its best to follow up with mods here to get the issue resolved.

Try to ask the owner what network their on to move along the issue.

3 Staff

Hi @mary123, can you make sure that your message centre number is set to: +353838008000. Are you able to text Irish numbers. Is the number your texting a German number, Is this only happening with one number?

Navigator
Wow - that’s a setting I didn’t even know existed. It turned out to be set to a different number (+353830000800). I changed it to the one you suggested. Unfortunately, I still get the same error message when I select any of several German (+49) numbers to text. It seems to work normally with Irish and US numbers. Until this week it worked fine with the German ones also.

3 Staff

Can you try your SIM in another phone to see if you can send it there @mary123

Navigator
I’ll give that a try. Looks like the consensus is that there’s no reason why this problem should have suddenly begun.
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>