Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

blacklisting

Lookout

PLease please please can someone help me.

My mother passed away and had a phone with Virgin Media.

They blacklisted after the bill went unpaid. I paid it off months ago and it remains blacklisted. They said it is NOT blacklisted. 

I opened a case with comreg and they are not taking my proof of blacklisting but rather taking Virgin medias word against mine.

They told me to contact you because Virgin piggy back off you and the blacklisting was apparently requested by Three/02.

Can I give you the IMEI?

Re: blacklisting

[ Edited ]
1st Cakeday!

The phone isn't Threes phone though so it can't be un blacklisted by Three when it is Virgins. If I were you I'd go to a reputable tech/gadget store and get them to help with the phone because it sounds like whoever told you to contact Three, was just trying to pass the buck.

Posted From Generic Android 2.0

Lookout

Gadget shops wont do anything cos its blacklisted.

All the blacklisted reports I have got  say it is blacklisted and was requested by 02/Three.

so irritating because my mothers contract was with virgin and they are washing there hands.

the handset has already depreciated in value because of how long it has taken to get to this point.

Legend

I dont think Irish operators blacklist phones.

Are you sure the phone is just locked to Virgin?

1st Cakeday!
It's weird like, whoever said contact Three, did they think about the fact that theyve to confirm ownership before they make changes to anything and a virgin phone isn't going to be on their systems. So how can they? Surely if there is a link between virgin and Three, virgin should be contacting Three for you.

We're you Virgin Rep of Irl customer?

Legend

Ok can you confirm the blacklisting of the phone.

If you get someone else with a Virgin Media sim card, can they use the phone?

Highlighted

Lookout

100% blacklisted. No sim works in it. IU have tried 4

I have checked the EMEI against four different online sites and it all says the same - blacklisted by 02.

Lookout

Yep Virgin Ireland.

They said no blacklisting (even though it is) and to contact apple and Three.

Comreg are no help and they closed my complaint and also said to contact apple and Three

1st Cakeday!
Weird one but maybe the mods will be able to clear it up although I still think Virgin should be contacting Three. @Three_Deborah anything you can take a look at?
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>