Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Why do I get charged for internet after topping up the u

Guide

Yes Fiona is right in what she said. OK out of bundle charges are excessive but to be fair there is ways around that top up before the plan runs out. other operators charge 10euro for 5gb internet every month. three technically offer this free provided you top up then required 

Lookout
I can not see where to click internet, as per your advice. I have spent some time looking for a button..

Guide

Apologies Kevin the website is different to the app there is no button to click but the information should be clearly visible provided you are actually within the time period for those allowances here is what mine says and you can clearly see when my bundles are due to expire. if yours has already expired you might not be able to see this but its a good idea to take notice of expiry date when you top up

Account Summary.

Cash balance

Total€*****

Account balance details.

Here's what you've still got left to use from your balance:*

3 to 3 Calls (1)     3 to 3 Calls Valid until Remaining
 Expires 23/06/172,998
Total 3 to 3 Minutes 2,998

Text in Republic of Ireland & EU (1)     Text in Republic of Ireland & EU Valid until Remaining
 Expires 23/06/172,977
Total text messages 2,977

Unlimited Data in Republic of Ireland (1)     Unlimited Data in Republic of Ireland Valid until Remaining
 Expires 23/06/172,093,425
Total Internet data 2,093,425

Internet in Republic of Ireland & EU (1)     Internet in Republic of Ireland & EU Valid until Remaining
 Expires 23/06/175,120
Total Internet data 5,120

Cash Credits (5)     Cash Credits Valid until Remaining
Top-upWon't expire**€***

Top-upWon't expire**€****

Total cash credits €****

This information was correct at 17:58 on 1st June 2017

Remember:

Recent top-ups may take a few minutes to appear.

'In queue' means it won't become active until the current remaining top-up/credit has been used.

Your credit will be used in the following order:

1. Any unlimited talk, text or data allowance which you receive as a result of topping up by 20 or more in one go.

2. Any add-on allowances if purchased.

3. The cash credit applied to your SIM in the denomination in which you topped up, e.g. €20.

4. Any promotional credits applied to your SIM such as extra credit for topping up or porting credit.

If you're a Mobile broadband customer, please note that your free internet allowance is used first, followed by your Mobile broadband credit. Mobile data usage is updated every hour, but it can take up to 8hrs for your monthly allowance displayed on My3 to be fully up-to-date.

1024 Megabytes = 1 Gigabyte

* Your balance is all the inclusive stuff you get plus any add-ons you may have.

** If you make at least one chargeable call every six months, you will keep your top-up credit active and prevent it from expiring. If you don't do this, your cash credit will expire after six months of non-use.

Lookout

Apologies. I always believed that I only needed to switch off Data Roaming to prevent Internet. I have now switched off Mobile Data. As it happens I had topped up on May 4th and again on May 31st. I still cant figure out when I should next top up but will be safe with Mobile Data switched off. Thanks for your help.....Kevin.

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>