Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Why do I get charged for internet after topping up the usual 20€.

Anonymous
Well, I topped up this morning. After seeing that I got charged 6€ (message arrived last no problem at 3am, by the way) on internet services. I topped up 20€ while on my home Wi-Fi and got the free data confirmation text. Now at 9am, I got another text saying that spent 10€ on internet services.
Posted From OnePlus A0001

Re: Why do I get charged for internet after topping up the usual 20€.

Anonymous
Last night* (autocorrect)
Posted From OnePlus A0001
Highlighted

Re: Why do I get charged for internet after topping up the usual 20€.

3 Staff

Hey, as soon as you topped up €20 your free data would have reactivated immediately. Any charges for data would have been prior to the time of top[ up. It's best to set a reminder each month on your month so you don't miss the top up date. 

a

[ Edited ]
Lookout

a

Re: Why do I get charged for internet after topping up the u

[ Edited ]
Lookout

Why do I have to pay Internet services monthly. I use the phone rarely if at all. I top up by 20 euro monthly. I say a response saying I have to top up by a certain date, I do not know the precise date I should top up. I have about 150 euro credit. I dont see how I need to pay any more money since I only use the phone to call maybe once or twice a month and maybe one or two texts a week. I dont use the phone for any Internet services. 

Guide

You do not have to pay for internet services every month if you top up within the correct time period you will not be charged this is much better than other operators out there that charge a flat fee for a bundle every month. If you do not use your phone for internet , rarely use it for calls and texts like you say, you could always turn off your mobile data on the handset. This would allow you to start using the EUR 150 credit you have stored in your phone and save  you from topping up each month. If you don't want to to this you can check when your internet by logging into my3 either on this webpage or on the phone app click internet and it will show you when your free allowance is due to expire. Hope this helps you  

Lookout

It is a complete ripped off... We just left 3 after 2 years using payg phone. The service was not even good but bare with it for unlimited data. My husband said he wanted to get the mobile broadband and they told him you have to buy a SIM card with it. This device is not sold separately. He just go ahead with it thinking he will have to top up anyway. By the time he put that SIM card in the dangle, 2hours latter the 'check your balance' appeared... No more data. Cut long story short, we called them and they said as soon as you put this SIM in your device you have to choose an add on if not you will be charged more than €1.20 for every mb. When I checked Vodafone prices they quote 19cts for 1mb. This SIM is cut into 2 calmly and 3 will never be used by either of us again. He is more upset against that guy who sold that to him and couldn't​ even tell him to do an add on as soon as he log on.

Posted From Alcatel 8079

No more 3

Lookout

It is a complete ripped off... We just left 3 after 2 years using payg phone. The service was not even good but bare with it for unlimited data. My husband said he wanted to get the mobile broadband and they told him you have to buy a SIM card with it. This device is not sold separately. He just go ahead with it thinking he will have to top up anyway. By the time he put that SIM card in the dangle, 2hours latter the 'check your balance' appeared... No more data. Cut long story short, we called them and they said as soon as you put this SIM in your device you have to choose an add on if not you will be charged more than €1.20 for every mb. When I checked Vodafone prices they quote 19cts for 1mb. This SIM is cut into 2 calmly and 3 will never be used by either of us again. He is more upset against that guy who sold that to him and couldn't​ even tell him to do an add on as soon as he log on.

Posted From Alcatel 8079

Lookout

Posted From Alcatel 8079

Lookout

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/consumers_...

@Three_Fiona wrote:

Hey, as soon as you topped up €20 your free data would have reactivated immediately. Any charges for data would have been prior to the time of top[ up. It's best to set a reminder each month on your month so you don't miss the top up date. 

Posted From Alcatel 8079
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>