Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

When do Prepay Sim Cards Expire?

Scout

I've had my SIM Card with 3 for a while now, but I'm currently living abroad and so it hasn't been used.

I know SIM cards eventually expire if they haven't been used or if they're not topped-up, but I can't find out how long that is.

I haven't used the card, I believe, in about 9 months, and my My3 page still shows my phone number, so I assume that it's still active, although I'm not 100% certain.

So, my questions are:

How do I know whether my card is still active?

How long does it take before cards expire?

What must be done to keep a card active (e.g. top-up, phone call, text message)?

Re: When do Prepay Sim Cards Expire?

Maestro

Hi Kaira, SIM cards can become suspended after 180 days if there is no usage and recycled within 12 months. 

To keep the number active you would need to make a chargeable call to a mobile or landline within 180 days.

If you can login to My3 it looks like your number is still active. I'd suggest topping up and making a call to keep it active 👍

Hello Julie

I have been told by a three rep that I need to top up at least 10 eur every 3 months in order to keep my prepaid line activated.

Is this information correct? If yes, where can I find it online?

Or making a chargeable call every 6 months is enough to keep the line activated?

Thank you for your reply

Regards.
Anthony
Posted From Samsung SM-A320FL

Legend

You need to do BOTH

"To keep the number active you would need to make a chargeable call/text to a mobile or landline within 180 days."

AND

"a top-up"

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>