Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

VPN not working on 4g but is on 3g

Lookout
I need to start working from home using my home broadband but cannot connect to my company vpn with 4g only 3g. Problem is my 3g is way too slow (1.5mb) any advice appreciated

Re: VPN not working on 4g but is on 3g

Hi @Jamie2 👋 To set up a VPN you would need a public IP address which is only available on 3G.  Not all accounts are suitable for a public IP address but I'll check yours and come back to you. if you can send me your number, full name, address and date of birth? If it's available we can try this and see if your speeds improve 👍 Aoife

Maestro

Thanks for the quick PM @Jamie2  - I've made some changes to your account and you should be able to set up the VPN now on 3G. Can you turn off and on the modem and see if you can make the connection? 

Lookout
Hi. Thanks for your response. Setting up a VPN on 3g is not what I'm looking to do. My issue is that a company VPN is set up on a company laptop. If I connect the laptop to my 4g internet at home it is ok. When I try to connect to the VPN on the laptop the connection keeps dropping and reconnecting every few seconds. If I switch my router to 3g only then this stabilises the connection, but the 3g is too slow for me to effectively use it 1-2 mb download is all I get.
Thanks

Legend

Do you have another router at home?

Possibly this may work

Three  Router on 4G ---> Your own router (via ethernet) --> Try to connect to work VPN using the local routers internet connection

Lookout
Thanks. I do have another one so I will try that when I get home and let
you know the outcome

Legend
Please do, as its an issue that pops up every now and again ,so it would be good to have a solution for it.

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>