Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Using SIM as Alarm

Lookout

Hi. I have a Pay as you go SIM that I use in my alarm. It no longer sends msgs even though its got c €30 credit and was topped up recently. Do SIMs expire - can you check status please? Laos, how do I make sure no texts are sent to it as it might be casue of alarm returning "tamper error" Thanks

Re: Using SIM as Alarm

Legend

you need to send a text AND top-up every 180 days for the sim to remain active

Lookout

thanks but the sim is not sending any messages even though its last txt msg was 3 months ago and I topped up twice in the last few months. Can you test that it is active and that it can send messages pls?

Legend

take the sim out of the alarm and try it in a phone.

If it says inactive sim on your phone, you will need to contact a mod here to get the sim re-activated

Lookout

I have no way of taking the sim out of the alarm hence the question. can you not confirm that it is active on your side and / or test connectivity via txt msg to and from it?

Highlighted

Legend
Send a pm to one of the mods with your account details and they can investigate.
What happens if you ring the number?

Lookout

ok ill pm a mod. when I ring it it says "number cannot accept calls"

Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon