Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Accepted Solution

Unlock phone - IMEI number I've provided does not match the IMEI number registered to your account.

Anonymous

I am trying to unlock my iphone 5 but I have been given the below response from Green having submitted my unlock request.

Dear Jack,
We’ve received your request for the Network unlock code; however, we’re unable to issue one to you at this time.
The IMEI number that you’ve provided does not match the IMEI number registered to your account. 

The phone that I am using is my dad's old phone as he has gotten a new upgrade. I've been using it for about 9 months but have been told that the IMEI does not match my account. I am just wondering what I can do to resolve the issue or if I'd be able to get help on the issue?

Chosen Solution

Re: Unlock phone - IMEI number I've provided does not match the IMEI number registered to your ac...

3 Staff

Hi Jack, can you pop me a PM with your number, name, address and DOB? I'll check this for you Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

Re: Unlock phone - IMEI number I've provided does not match the IMEI number registered to your ac...

3 Staff

Hi Jack, can you pop me a PM with your number, name, address and DOB? I'll check this for you Smiley Happy

Scout

Also having this problem. How do I get an unlock code?

3 Moderator

Scout

No, I meant I have the same problem as the original poster. My IMEI is not registered to my account so my request for an unlock code was refused. How do I register the IMEI to my account and get the lock code?

3 Moderator

Can you PM your details please?

You're not alone. I'm having the same issues with these chancers.

Prepare to be given the complete run around, requesting the same information from you over and over again.

It seems to be a common theme with Three support.

I'm off to ComReg 

@RobG, I've gone back to your PM. Your situation is a different one so we have been unable to help you. 

@blearyboy, I can see that your unlock code has been requested and you've been chatting to the guys over PM. Give us a shout if you need anything else.

Re: Unlock phone - IMEI number I've provided does not match

I am having the exact same problem. I have provided all the details necessary to them and I have just spent the last hour arguing with the online help who had the nerve to ask my why I purchased my phone. I do not understand how this is relevant to providing me with an unlock code. The hour long discussion was ended with her telling me to go into a Three store and sort it out there. I am shocked at the appalling support received. I'm off to contact Comreg now. 

Re: Unlock phone - IMEI number I've provided does not match

3 Staff

Hi LauraN 👋 I can look into this for you.  Can you send me your full name, number, your phones IMEI number, your address and date of birth so I can access your account? 

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>