Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

URGENT: Unable to connect to network while roaming in USA

Scout

I'm currently roaming in the USA in New York for the summer and I have been unable to connect to the network over here. I need access to the network urgently as I need to be able to receive text messages from my mobile banking in order to transfer money over here.

When I turned on the phone when we landed I was not connected to a network automatically. I have been trying to connect to the network for a couple of days now. I know that Three has a roaming agreement with AT&T but I have tried to connect to every available network just in case.

I have an iPhone 6s plus and a OnePlus One with me and I have tried to connect with both phones.When I go to the mobile network settings, AT&T is available as an option but when I try to select it the SIM fails to connect to the network. I have tried to connect to AT&T manually and automatically and I have also tried changing the preferred network mode to 4G, 3G and 2G. I have tried these steps for both phones. I also have an American SIM card which works perfectly with both handsets so I think it's fair to state that they are not the source of the problem. I've tried turning both phones of and on again with the SIM in them and that hasn't worked. 

As I said, I need to connect to the network unrgently so any help you can provide as soon as possible would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Highlighted

Re: URGENT: Unable to connect to network while roaming in US

3 Community Manager

Hi Cian, have you been able to roam prior to this at any stage? PM me your number, address and date of birth so I can take a look at your account. Rach

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>