Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Re: Topped up wrong number with AIB

Pathfinder
Hi, I'd ring the bank asap to ensure they cancel it. I don't know if Aib answer the phone on a Saturday but I'd try.
Posted From Generic Android 8.0

Maestro

We'll be able to sort this out for you @F_sousa if this is the case 

Navigator
Hey, Three_Joolz.

I’ve check my statement and the amount referenced the wrong number was debited.

What we can do in this case?

Posted From Apple iPhone

3 Community Manager

Unfortunately, if the €20 was fully debited then it indicates that the number you topped up was an active number and the credit applied to its balance.  We can't take credit from another customers account and move it to your own and credit itself is non transferable once it applies. I'm sorry I can't help further here. 

Pathfinder

on 2 occasions 3 said it would solve this even though the customer should have just contacted their bank.

Quote:

That would mean it hasn't debited from your account, the money should go back into your account in the next 48 hours. If it doesn't please let me know & we'll get this sorted 😍

AND

We'll be able to sort this out for you @F_sousa if this is the case .

this is what 3 advised the customer so 3 should look after this as promissed

3 Community Manager

@tonyalfa this is true if the credit hasn't already applied but considering that the amount has been fully debited it does indicate that the number is in use and credit has applied. @F_sousa if you can PM the number you topped up in error I'll check our top up systems to see if it's applied.  Thanks' 

Pathfinder

message 10: the person asked what would happen if the number exists.

Lookout
F_sousa
Perfect!
I’ll check again in 48 hours.
One more question, if the wrong number exists, what it would happen?

message 12: A 3 rep answers that if this was the case 3 would sort it out for them....
3 Moderator
Three_Joolz

We'll be able to sort this out for you @F_sousa if this is the case 

Highlighted

3 Community Manager

Thanks @tonyalfa Unfortunately we've no permission to remove credit from that customers account  as you can imagine if you suddenly lost €20 you'd be wondering what happened. What I can do, considering that this was advised, and I do see your point is to activate @F_sousa plan for 28 days as an exception but we're jumping the gun here because it may not be the case. I'll need to check the number and our top up accounts system. If @F_sousa can get in touch by PM with the details, I'll check it out. 

[ Edited ]
Navigator

Hi, Three_Rachel.

The wrong number is *******
Could you check it, please?

Edited number as it's public

Posted From Apple iPhone

3 Community Manager

@F_sousa can you click on the "Send me a PM" link in my signature? I removed the number because it's on a public thread. Thanks a mil Smiley Happy

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>