Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Re: Three Ireland network frequencies

Legend

I guess 1800 is used more in urban areas and 800 is used in rural areas due to its lower wavelength.

https://www.comreg.ie/media/dlm_uploads/2015/12/PR15112012.pdf

They have been paid for up until 2030

Lookout

Legend
Can you give model number i.e. H60-L03?

Lookout

Model: BLN-L24

Maestro

Hey @drigorodrigo,

We operate on 800mhz and 1800mhz for our 3G and 4G bands 👍

Lookout

Hello,

I came to Dun Laoghaire with a Xiaomi Mi A1.
Today I went to the 'Three' shop located at 75 George's Street Lower and bought prepaid chip (€ 20). I have not been able to connect in 4g since then, only 2g and 3g with much sacrifice. The Xiaomi Mi A1 has 20 (800) and 3 (1800) bands, used by 'Three' for 3g and 4g connections, and a connection is too slow!
What can be happening?

Legend

You should be getting connected to the 4G network, are you seen the 4G or LTE+ icon on the top of the screen?

Check that in your settings  Preferred network type is 4G/WCDMA

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Explorer

@drigorodrigoA possible reason for your problem is that Xiaomi phones exist with different ROMs, and some don’t have the 20 (800) band ; specifically, the Mi A1 doesn’t seem to have it its Indian and Chinese versions. All have the 3 (1800) band, though, if those specifications are correct, so I don’t know. Do you have the global version ? I have a Redmi Note 4, I hope 4G is going to work next week when I arrive in Ireland

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>