Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Re: Three Ireland network frequencies

Legend

I guess 1800 is used more in urban areas and 800 is used in rural areas due to its lower wavelength.

https://www.comreg.ie/media/dlm_uploads/2015/12/PR15112012.pdf

They have been paid for up until 2030

Lookout

Legend
Can you give model number i.e. H60-L03?

Lookout

Model: BLN-L24

Maestro

Hey @drigorodrigo,

We operate on 800mhz and 1800mhz for our 3G and 4G bands 👍

Lookout

Hello,

I came to Dun Laoghaire with a Xiaomi Mi A1.
Today I went to the 'Three' shop located at 75 George's Street Lower and bought prepaid chip (€ 20). I have not been able to connect in 4g since then, only 2g and 3g with much sacrifice. The Xiaomi Mi A1 has 20 (800) and 3 (1800) bands, used by 'Three' for 3g and 4g connections, and a connection is too slow!
What can be happening?

Legend

You should be getting connected to the 4G network, are you seen the 4G or LTE+ icon on the top of the screen?

Check that in your settings  Preferred network type is 4G/WCDMA

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Explorer

@drigorodrigoA possible reason for your problem is that Xiaomi phones exist with different ROMs, and some don’t have the 20 (800) band ; specifically, the Mi A1 doesn’t seem to have it its Indian and Chinese versions. All have the 3 (1800) band, though, if those specifications are correct, so I don’t know. Do you have the global version ? I have a Redmi Note 4, I hope 4G is going to work next week when I arrive in Ireland

Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon