Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Re: Terrible 4G speeds, Bad 3G speeds

Explorer
Yes replaced the SIM and it had no effect. For example yesterday my download speed never exceeded 0.02 Mbps. I'm in a housing estate in Wexford for 13 years and never had a problem before. Then I upgraded to the Samsung S8 with unlimited data last January and thats when all the mobile data issues began. When I use web chat they just say there's no problem with the signal in my area and to manually hop from 3g to 3g/2g when it happens which is both laboursome and doesnt always work. Is this what Im paying €45 per month for?

Okay thats cool @lindylou49 Do you think it could be something to do with the phone is you started getting all this stuff happening when you changed?   Any way of trying the SIM in a different phone for a bit?

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Explorer
I don't have a second smart phone. I've put the word out to see if I can borrow one. What if the problem is with the phone itself after all this time?

That would be a pain but at least you'll know. If it's the phone there's a warranty to cover manufacturer faults for 2 yes so it can be repaired.

Explorer
There might be a problem here. I have a crack in the screen that I'm happy to live with as Ive no insurance on the phone. Guy in the phone shop said that if the phone had to be sent of for repairs for any reason they would automatically replace the screen and charge me for it. If the phone is indeed faulty and under warranty as you say it is, can I get a replacement phone free of charge regardless of the cracked screen?

Explorer
By the way the problem with the phone began long before the screen got damaged.

@lindylou49 The minute a phone is damaged in any way I don't think it is covered under the warranty because who is to say that the damage wasn't the reason for the problems. Honestly, I don't know a whole lot about the warranties with electronics but I do know that from reading topics here and when I was with Vodafone. They all work the same. Did you try the SIM in another phone cuz you could be getting ahead of yourself if it's not the phone. 

[ Edited ]
3 Moderator

Hi @lindylou49 👋 @Mac_n_cheese thanks for the input Mac, you're dead right as we'd need to see how the SIM performs in a different phone. Given the circumstances, it's possible that there may be a phone issue at play. When you get the chance to try the SIM in a different phone, let us know how you get on 😊 

Explorer
Sorry for the delay. I finally got to try my SIM in another phone for 24hrs. My mobile data cover continued to drop in and out at my house. Speedtests showed speeds below 1 mbps mostly. This proves it is neither the phone nor the SIM card at fault but the insufficient coverage provided by three in my area. Right?

3 Community Manager

@lindylou49 Hi there, I've been following your comments here so the next thing we need to check is your area. Can you PM me your exact address? 

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>