Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Accepted Solution

Saved Voicemail - Please help

Lookout
Hi

Please can someone advise me on the following:

If I save a voicemail, will the voicemail be saved forever?

Or will it be deleted after a certain amount of time (even though it has been saved)?

If it is deleted, then after how long is it deleted?

Thanks

Chosen Solution

Re: Saved Voicemail - Please help

3 Community Manager

Hi there, here's a blog we've put together which goes through voicemail options and should help you with your query - All About Voicemail Blog If you need more information about the options just let me know.

@Michael_Mick Cheers for helping and you weren't far off. I've put your suggestion about recording on other devices in the blog. Kudos! 

Thanks'

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

I'm pretty sure it's 7 days when you save it but that you can continue to save it but if I were you I'd put the phone on loud speaker and save it onto something else like a tablet that has a mic or computer or laptop or another phone so it's off the voicemail and saved somewhere safe.

Lookout
Thanks for your reply.

Can anyone from Three confirm what happens?

There doesn’t appear to be any official guidance on this.

Given that it doesn’t stiupulate on any official guidance, one would expect that a saved voicemail would be saved forever?

3 Community Manager

Hi there, here's a blog we've put together which goes through voicemail options and should help you with your query - All About Voicemail Blog If you need more information about the options just let me know.

@Michael_Mick Cheers for helping and you weren't far off. I've put your suggestion about recording on other devices in the blog. Kudos! 

Thanks'

Lookout
Thanks for your reply.

I see that the guidance you attached is from May 2016. Is this still definitely up to date?

I am fairly certain that I’ve had saved voicemails (that I’ve not saved for a second time) that have remained in my voicemail inbox for months.

You are sure that saved voicemails are deleted after 7 days in all instances?

It just seems strange that if you were to receive a voicemail (and save it) then it would only be saved for 7 days. Where as if you were to receive a voicemail (and not save it - but not delete it either) then it would be kept for 14 days.

[ Edited ]

Yes it's up to date

3 Community Manager
It was created on that date and then updated today with @Michael_Mick suggestion

You can leave it in your mailbox for 2 weeks after listening to it and then save it for an extra 7 days.
Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon