Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Salthill mast down

Navigator

Hi,
We've been experiencing coverage issues from Three Ireland on my phone since the past few months. We've been Three Ireland customers since long time ago and we've been trusting the company till now.
I contacted the customer service a couple of times since we noticed the problem. They said a mast in the area of Salthill is down and that it's trying to be fixed but obviously it has not being fixed to the date. We can't make and receive any normal calls or use data properly which is inadmissible, specially due to the fact that we were able to before that mast went down.
We look forward for a positive answer about this issue getting solved in the next week.
We're simply paying for a service we're not getting.
We're giving Three Ireland a last chance to fix the problem, otherwise we've decide to move to better company service.
Thank you.

Re: Salthill mast down

3 Community Manager

@albert_salthill First of all, thank you for your patience in this matter and also the opportunity to turn this around for you. I've checked the investigation regarding the signal in your area. We do try to resolve any difficulties our customers have as quickly as possible. However, in this case, there are external factors involved and the relevant teams are currently testing a solution to restore your full services. I'm hoping to have more info tomorrow or Friday. I'll pop back to you here as soon as I have more info. Thanks

3 Community Manager

@albert_salthill Hello there, I'm keeping a close eye on this for you and have been linking in with our networks team. I have no update on the works/testing at the moment. But I will come back to you early next week. Again, I do apologise for the inconvenience. 

Navigator

Hi Deborah,

Thanks for the reply.

We're giving a chance to get it sorted by the end of next week, otherwise we're keeping our decision to change to another company.

Thank you.

3 Community Manager

I understand your point of view and I'm hoping that you don't have to make that decision. 

3 Moderator

@albert_salthill I hope you had a lovely weekend. 

I am just linking back in to let you know that the works on the site were completed earlier this morning.

When you can, can you please power your phone off for a few minutes and power it back on then. Once powered back on can you let me know how your service is? 

Highlighted

Navigator

Hi Shauna,

I checked and it works again so far.

Thanks for fixing it.

Navigator

Hi again.

Our network is back to 3G again. We tried all the protocols to check if was our phones and everything is fine with them.

3 Community Manager

@albert_salthill Hi there, I've looked at the main masts in the area and see that 4G was unavailable on one of them yesterday. However, this mast is back up and running. Please restart your phone and let me know how it goes 👌 

[ Edited ]
Navigator

Hi Deborah,

Thanks for your reply.

The issue has been happening since a few days.

Although, we still not having 4G after restarting the phone.

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>