Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SMS Messages From THREE

[ Edited ]

Hi THREE,

Is there some way to prevent unwelcome Text/SMS messages claiming to come From THREE. Shortcode number is from 50202. I've had numerous reminders regarding my current Credit Balance in last day or so. I've since gone in to My3 and checked my marketing preferences again and as I suspected, I did already indicate NO Text Messages. This was not a recent change in my marketing preferences and this has really become a bit of a nuisance at this stage. I do not want reminders when my credit is below a certain threshold and I'm not interested in a chance to win competition tickets etc; How do I STOP receiving such SMS messages from THREE network?   

Re: SMS Messages From THREE

Legend
Send stop usually stops texs

[ Edited ]

@billbond4 wrote:
Send stop usually stops texs

At the end of the SMS message it provided this advice:

Opt-out m.three.ie/mp 

So; I followed the suggestion and it took me directly to marketing preferences which confirmed my original instructions that I preferred No Text Messages as a communications method. I would have thought "STOP" would have been mentioned in the SMS received if this was a valid command in this particular situation but it wasn't.

Given that THREE already had my preference of No Text Messages recorded in the marketing preferences then this should have applied all along. What's the point of recording these instructions if THREE as my network can disregard or override a customer's instructions to this effect anyway. Very unprofessional I would have thought.  

@AwaitYourReply you need to PM the mods here so they can sort it for you.
I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy
Highlighted

3 Community Manager

@AwaitYourReply Hi there, I'm one of the Mods on the Community, can you send me a PM, please? The low balance alert isn't connected with marketing preference, but we can adjust the amount for when the alert is triggered. I'll certainly look into the competition alerts you are getting. I'll keep an eye out for your PM 👍  

@Three_Deborah1 wrote:

@AwaitYourReply Hi there, I'm one of the Mods on the Community, can you send me a PM, please? The low balance alert isn't connected with marketing preference, but we can adjust the amount for when the alert is triggered. I'll certainly look into the competition alerts you are getting. I'll keep an eye out for your PM 👍  

Hello Deborah1,

Thank you for your messages yesterday.

I sent you a PM a moment ago regarding your earlier communication.

Regards, 

AwaitYourReply

Re: SMS SHORTCODE Messages

Scout

Hi,

I've had similar problems with shortcode messages. In my case my SIM is in a router, so when dodgy companies send shortcodes to my number they are not immediately obvious - unless you spend a lot of time in your router config pages!

This resulted in 3 messages offering games at £3 each. You can text STOP to the number and you can seek a refund. I did both and altho the messages seem to have stopped, I have not had a refund yet.

My issue is this; why does any legitimate business have the right to send you UNSOLICITED messages and charge you £3 each (or more)? In my world this is theft. Someone takes your money against your will and you get nothing in exchange.

I'm told you can inadvertently click on a link to start these messages. I'm told that these firms use browser vulnerabilities to exploit users. Either way this should not be the wild west with digital highwaymen, but that appears to be where we are. Regulators appear to be useless - like most they've been captured by corporate interests.

I plan you write to my MP and would encourage  everyone affected to do the same. Hope this helps.

3 Moderator

@steve0620 looking at your post it seems you are a ThreeUK customer? 

@mycfavisit survey wrote:

Hi,

I've had similar problems with shortcode messages. In my case my SIM is in a router, so when dodgy companies send shortcodes to my number they are not immediately obvious - unless you spend a lot of time in your router config pages!

This resulted in 3 messages offering games at £3 each. You can text STOP to the number and you can seek a refund. I did both and altho the messages seem to have stopped, I have not had a refund yet.

My issue is this; why does any legitimate business have the right to send you UNSOLICITED messages and charge you £3 each (or more)? In my world this is theft. Someone takes your money against your will and you get nothing in exchange.

I'm told you can inadvertently click on a link to start these messages. I'm told that these firms use browser vulnerabilities to exploit users. Either way this should not be the wild west with digital highwaymen, but that appears to be where we are. Regulators appear to be useless - like most they've been captured by corporate interests.

I plan you write to my MP and would encourage  everyone affected to do the same. Hope this helps.

I would have thought "STOP" would have been mentioned in the SMS received if this was a valid command in this particular situation but it wasn't.

Given that THREE already had my preference of No Text Messages recorded in the marketing preferences then this should have applied all along. What's the point of recording these instructions if THREE as my network can disregard or override a customer's instructions to this effect anyway.

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>