Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

SIM Deactivated

Scout

I've been travelling Australia for 9 months and haven't made calls or sent texts in that time, but have received them. I topped up one month ago by €20 to avoid my sim being deactivated, but never sent a text or made a call. My SIM card no longer receives a carrier, and as such I have no signal.

3 Suppport have told me twice in the past few days that my SIM is still active, and I can still log on to my3. I am afraid of losing my number, or that I already have. How do I reactivate my SIM since it has apparently been deactivated? If I can still log on to my3, and topped up one month ago, how long until my SIM is recycled?

Thanks in advance,

Oisín.

Chosen Solution

Re: SIM Deactivated

3 Moderator

@oisin1 Hi there, thanks for your PM and going through those steps. Because your phone is showing "no service" and we can't eliminate a fault with the SIM by trying it in another phone, it could point towards a faulty phone. Your number is active, I assure you of that. Do you know anyone with an unlocked phone? You mentioned that you're coming back to Ireland in the near future and since you topped up last month, you have 6 months before the number is looked at for deactivation. It's preferred to make a call/text too but not necessary 👍 Just say, you number becomes inactive, it stays with us for a further 6 months ( at least) before it's recycled. 

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

Legend
To keep a sim active you need to topup and send a text or call every 6 months.
Restart your phone with the sim and see can you send a text to someone

Posted From Generic Android 2.0

3 Moderator

@oisin1 Hi there, thanks for your PM and going through those steps. Because your phone is showing "no service" and we can't eliminate a fault with the SIM by trying it in another phone, it could point towards a faulty phone. Your number is active, I assure you of that. Do you know anyone with an unlocked phone? You mentioned that you're coming back to Ireland in the near future and since you topped up last month, you have 6 months before the number is looked at for deactivation. It's preferred to make a call/text too but not necessary 👍 Just say, you number becomes inactive, it stays with us for a further 6 months ( at least) before it's recycled. 

Highlighted

Scout
Thank you so much for all your help and the timely response. All the best.
Oisín
Posted From Samsung SM-J105Y
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>