Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Accepted Solution

SIM Deactivated

Scout

I've been travelling Australia for 9 months and haven't made calls or sent texts in that time, but have received them. I topped up one month ago by €20 to avoid my sim being deactivated, but never sent a text or made a call. My SIM card no longer receives a carrier, and as such I have no signal.

3 Suppport have told me twice in the past few days that my SIM is still active, and I can still log on to my3. I am afraid of losing my number, or that I already have. How do I reactivate my SIM since it has apparently been deactivated? If I can still log on to my3, and topped up one month ago, how long until my SIM is recycled?

Thanks in advance,

Oisín.

Chosen Solution

Re: SIM Deactivated

3 Community Manager

@oisin1 Hi there, thanks for your PM and going through those steps. Because your phone is showing "no service" and we can't eliminate a fault with the SIM by trying it in another phone, it could point towards a faulty phone. Your number is active, I assure you of that. Do you know anyone with an unlocked phone? You mentioned that you're coming back to Ireland in the near future and since you topped up last month, you have 6 months before the number is looked at for deactivation. It's preferred to make a call/text too but not necessary 👍 Just say, you number becomes inactive, it stays with us for a further 6 months ( at least) before it's recycled. 

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

Legend
To keep a sim active you need to topup and send a text or call every 6 months.
Restart your phone with the sim and see can you send a text to someone

3 Community Manager

@oisin1 Hi there, thanks for your PM and going through those steps. Because your phone is showing "no service" and we can't eliminate a fault with the SIM by trying it in another phone, it could point towards a faulty phone. Your number is active, I assure you of that. Do you know anyone with an unlocked phone? You mentioned that you're coming back to Ireland in the near future and since you topped up last month, you have 6 months before the number is looked at for deactivation. It's preferred to make a call/text too but not necessary 👍 Just say, you number becomes inactive, it stays with us for a further 6 months ( at least) before it's recycled. 

Highlighted

Scout
Thank you so much for all your help and the timely response. All the best.
Oisín

[ Edited ]
Lookout

I ported my num to 3 and topped up 20 Euro all was good for a few days but then I got a couple of messages from 3 say my request for full internet access would be active in 24 hours I rang 3 and told them I didn't want it as my 6 yr old uses my phone so they said they turn it off 1 day later I was looking up a movie all of a sudden I was taken to an unsuitable site got a text supposedly form 3 say 15 Euro was taken for accessing this site rang 3 they said they have no record of me even haven 20euro top up head is done in can't call 3 numbers now even

3 Moderator

Hi @Beenhacked6 👋 Can you pop me a PM (you'll see a link to do so under this message) and I'll check this out for you? 

Lookout

I see the link I'm not blind and no soz got sorted no need to pm u ta all the same 

@Beenhacked6  the mod was just asking for the pm so she could check your account. 

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Lookout
And u care why did I ask you little helper
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>