Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Highlighted

Robbed in the bus

Scout

Yesterday morning I took the bus at 7. I closed my eyes and fell sleep. One guy took my wallet out of my pocket and took 20 quid. Luckily I didn't have more cash.

Now you're wondering why I share this, what really happened was: I pressed mobile data when tried to turn off the wifi and took a nap. The bad guy was Three, and they charged me 19 for services I didn't use (twitter in the background) as I was sleep. When I noticed I turned the data off but they have already took all may credit.

Of course they say charges are legal and so on. Well no. This is a robbery no matter who is the theft. Will change all my lines asap.

Highlighted

Re: Robbed in the bus

3 Community Manager

@Phantomas I'm sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving, that's not something we'd like to see. The minute your All You Can Eat Data plan expires, any data usage after that point is charged at €1.01 per MB. €20 can be used quite quickly.  We recommend setting a scheduled top up through your My3 account and/or a phone reminder so you can switch off the data to avoid this happening. This was clearly an accident on your part but the data was used in the background by your phone or apps on your phone. I'm more than happy to help you with the scheduled top up, if you change your mind Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

Legend

As @Three_Rachel said the scheduled top up would stop this occurring, your phone can use 100s of MBs in a minute, so if you use data your best to have a Scheduled top-up enabled or have mobile data disabled.

Highlighted

Scout

I guess is a matter of trust. Don't like to take a bus knowing that a guy will come to snatch my wallet as soon as I close my eyes and when complaining be told, sorry, your fault, you knew this is not a safe environment.

This is not the first time, if not by accident is that you topped up at whatever time... you always find the way to steal my money, and  as a customer have no way to claim this. Plain and simple, is a con (not blaming you, you are just a worker). 20 Euros for 20 megas, for christ sake, what do you think you sell?

Highlighted

Legend

28 days after your last 20€ top the following charges apply

http://www.three.ie/pdf/20180502_Price_Guide.pdf on page 4 

Charging for out of tariff is standard practice on all mobile operators.

Announcements

Three – Covid-19

In the interest of ensuring the health & safety of our employees, our contact support centres are open, however we currently have limited resources. This may cause higher than normal wait times.

Under the advice of the government, our stores remain open. We have enhanced cleaning in place and are strongly enforcing social distancing which we encourage our customers to respect. We have also reduced the opening hours in all our stores

Self-serve options such as three.ie, My3 App & Web, 1913 & SMS Codes are also available to you.

For more tips & information, please click here.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.