Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Accepted Solution

Roaming not working

Scout

I am abroad, I realised neither text nor voice are working outbound, I can receive texts and calls no problem. I tried contacting both short and full international help numbers, neither work, I get a message (I think in Portuguese) telling me to contact my provider, which as I said I cannot.

I went to https://www.three.ie/chat/, but it doesn't seem to work - so not sure how I can contact three.ie 

Any idea how to contact three.ie from abroad to find out what the problem making calls is?  I have plenty of credit and I travel a fair bit and don't usually have a problem

Chosen Solution

Re: Roaming not working

Leader

Thanks for this info liddler! Can you try turning off 4G, if it's currently turned on, then put the phone in flight mode for 3 mins to reconnect. If the phone latches on to a network where you don't have full services, can you try manually selecting a different network from the list of available providers.

When roaming, certain providers may only offer you limited services where for example, you can receive calls but can't make them. Let me know how you get on. If you're still having issue, can you PM me with your number and details and I'll check this further?

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic
Highlighted

3 Moderator

@liddler thanks for getting in touch. I'll be more than happy to help you out here. Can you tell me what network you're connected to at the moment? Can you confirm that all roaming settings are turned on in your phone? How long have you been having the difficulties? Shauna 👍

Scout
Hi Shauna,
I am on mcel in Mozambique, I got here last Wednesday, but I only used
wireless until I tried to respond to a text on Saturday.

Yes roaming is on
Thanks
Richard

Leader

Thanks for this info liddler! Can you try turning off 4G, if it's currently turned on, then put the phone in flight mode for 3 mins to reconnect. If the phone latches on to a network where you don't have full services, can you try manually selecting a different network from the list of available providers.

When roaming, certain providers may only offer you limited services where for example, you can receive calls but can't make them. Let me know how you get on. If you're still having issue, can you PM me with your number and details and I'll check this further?

Scout

Hey... I am in abroad and as soon as I landed here. My mobile phone network stopped working. I am unable to incoming calls and messages and also I can't contact from my side to anyone. I tried to go with the procedure provided on the search engines but it didn't worked. Please tell me what do I do??? 

3 Moderator

@Daniel412 thanks for getting in touch and highlighting this. Can you let me know where you are, what network your connected to at the moment and is all your services affected? 

[ Edited ]
Scout

hey there... As i stated earlier, I am having issue in the network connectivity and roaming. Please help me and suggest me a solution.

3 Moderator

@Daniel412 thanks for getting in touch and highlighting this. Can you let me know where you are, what network your connected to at the moment and is all your services affected? 

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>