Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Roaming issues

Legend
Can you disable 4g and restart your phone if you have issues

Lookout

Bit disingenuous of support not to come clean and stop misleading their customers.

Just back from Helsinki where I spent weekend without mobile data.

I messaged (hotel wifi) three support  and received an honest response for once...

'... as you're on prepay data roaming will not be applicable in Finland as per terms...the data services is not available in Finland'

At least I didn't spend weekend going through different fake solutions like reboot phone, connect to different networks, disable 4G, reboot again, enable 3G etc...

Legend

I havent seen it in their terms that Data Services arent available in Finland.

Are you using an iPhone?

Lookout

Am using Android. Had brief stopover in Stockholm and had mobile data. A few hours later in Helsinki. No mobile data.

I haven't seen in T&Cs either and am almost gone blind from reading small print.

I just believed three support (this time) when they messaged me.

I did notice an article from computer weekly last year..

'Finnish carriers have been granted permission to put a roaming surcharge on customers despite European Union (EU) legislation abolishing charges coming into force.'

This may have caused the Finnish carriers to not honour any arrangements with three.

Am only guessing.

Legend

Three could still could charge you for it (like a non-eu country) so I dont get that.

Id say its more to do with account types. i.e. old o2 plans not migrated properly or something like that. Or possibly an change in APN is required.

Its a strange on though. I assume its only happening to some customers as there would be a lot more posts if everyone going to Finland was seen the issue.

Lookout

Hi billbond4,

Thanks for taking time to respond.

You're probably right about half-ass migrated o2 a/c as I used to be on O2 and only changed over 2 months ago.

Strange that three support took my details to check my a/c setup and the excuse previously posted is the only one that was provided to me.

Thanks again.

Legend
Hmm, id say there is something in that. The next time someone reports an issue here I will ask them were they an olde o2 customer, so Three can get to the root of the problem and fix the issue.

Navigator
Hi I'm currently in Romania and my data roaming doesn't work though I have roaming enabled. I have reset my network settings, restarted the phone and still nothing. On my three account it says roaming should work

Navigator
Additionally I can't send texts and make calls either

3 Community Manager

@lale I'm happy to check that your account is enabled for roaming, first can you have a quick look at this checklist, especially the part about troubleshooting which is under "when you arrive"? http://3.ie/eu8sj   

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>