Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Replacement SIM (Overseas)

Scout

Hello,

I damaged my SIM card and need a replacement SIM. The problem is that I am, temporarily, based in the UK and not going to be back for at least 2 months. How do I request the replacement SIM card to be sent to my UK address?

I contacted the support via chat and their solution was this: ask your friend or family to get a sim and post it to you. This is terrible. Unfortunately, most of my contact are away for summer. What is the point of support service if one has to rely on their contacts? Smiley Sad

I have been a three customer for over 10 years now and have same number for almost 20 years now. I was expecting a bit more useful, if not friendly, service.

A replacement sim should not be this difficult to get.

Chosen Solution

Re: Replacement SIM (Overseas)

3 Community Manager

@mitsein Thanks for registering and reaching out on our Community. @Mac_n_cheese  has helped you with your query and we do understand that you are currently not located near a Three (Irl) Store. I'd like to check your account and see if there is anything I can do. Click on the "Send me a PM" in my signature and we'll take it from there.

As always @Mac_n_cheese  Thanks for the support you give to your fellow community members Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

They're not obliged to send you a sim replacement though, normally you're directed to the store. Plus there's been a lot of problems with fraud, across all networks it's been in the news and if any network is giving the hackers free Sims then that's not really in any customers best interests. My partner had to bring i.d. to a Vodafone store to get his replacement after they forgot to see him a new sim with his upgrade on the post. I guess the point is not to make it easier for people to steal.other people's numbers and end up stealing other things as a result. Mods here might be able to help of you can confirm all account information and if you haven't registered then I wouldn't even try to be honest.
I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Scout

Of course I understand. But, there has to be some support in genuine cases. Surely it is not the case of tough-luck-if-you-are-abroad.

This is my first time posting here but I am registered on My3 at least since 2009.

Highlighted

Send a pm to Three_Rachel and see how you get on.
I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

3 Community Manager

@mitsein Thanks for registering and reaching out on our Community. @Mac_n_cheese  has helped you with your query and we do understand that you are currently not located near a Three (Irl) Store. I'd like to check your account and see if there is anything I can do. Click on the "Send me a PM" in my signature and we'll take it from there.

As always @Mac_n_cheese  Thanks for the support you give to your fellow community members Smiley Happy

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>