Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Accepted Solution

Releasing the number...

Navigator

Hello,

I had to leave Three recently as my coverage wasn't good in my usual work area and this was not something I could live with. Unfortunately Three hasn't released my number to the new provider and it is now 6 days since Three texted me that "Your number has been cleared to port from our network...".

Any chance someone here can investigate why the number hasn't been released?

Chosen Solution

Re: Releasing the number...

[ Edited ]
3 Community Manager

Watch me Swoop! 

@slith I will absolutely check to see if there's anything being held up on our side. Send me a PM with your number, name, address and date of birth 👍

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

"RELEASE ME" 

@slith do you owe bills  or is your number cancelled?

Navigator
I was on prepay.

@slith okay then they can't be held. Did the network you're moving to say that? I'd check that the information you gave them is right because I think it has to be like spot on or the number can't move.

Navigator
New network is blaming Three. Or more precisely, using Three as an excuse to gain more time I’d say. All the information they had was accurate. Address, number... I even got the text from
Three saying the number has been released for porting. Of course now nobody can contact me over the phone, so I’m a bit stuck.

Anyway. Was just wondering if someone else has been through something similar. New network customer care is... weak.

Shoot! So you are basically in Limbo now? If the text was received then Three have released it so maybe the other network should start the port all over again?  

Navigator

Yep, in a network-less Limbo. Metaphysically a very uninteresting kind of Limbo...

I was wondering if someone here from Three could check if there is anything holding up the porting.

I'd say so!

You just tag them like this @Three_Rachel  and they swoop in ha!

[ Edited ]
3 Community Manager

Watch me Swoop! 

@slith I will absolutely check to see if there's anything being held up on our side. Send me a PM with your number, name, address and date of birth 👍

Highlighted

Navigator

Thanks everyone for being so helpful. The issue has now been resolved.

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>