Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Prices on PAYG Mobile Handsets seem expensive @THREE!

So; I'm currently considering Upgrading to my 1st smartphone as I've not been a heavy mobile phone user over the years. I've been with THREE Ireland on it's 3Pay/Pay As You Go from THREE for quite some time. When I go and look at a few smartphones in the budget range, it will prompt you to indicate whether you are a "New" or "Existing" customer and whether you wish to keep your current number which is fine.

Unfortunately, I cannot understand in a situation like if it says online "You are eligible for an Upgrade" BUT; you do NOT get a "preferential discount price" offered to reward customer loyalty as a means to entice the existing customer to stay with THREE Ireland?

Right now, the incentive is for me to Switch away from THREE network to Vodafone as I have seen at least TWO identical phone handsets at a significantly lower price if I move to Vodafone on a similar PAYG basis.

Example No. 1: (as seen on Vodafone Ireland website on 18/11/2019)

Huawei Y6 2019 with Vodafone Original Price €99.99 but they give you Discount €50.00 OFF if you switch your current number to Vodafone.

Price for New Customer is Only €49.99

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/huawei-y6-2019-pay-as-you-go-black

Example No. 2 (as seen on Vodafone Ireland website on 18/11/2019)

Samsung Galaxy A20e with Vodafone Original Price €149.00 

Special Offer *Get €100 off when you switch your current number over to Vodafone Pay As You Go.

Price for New Customer: Only €49.99

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/samsung-galaxy-a20e-pay-as-you-go-black#

Seems to me that THREE Ireland does NOT reward existing customer loyalty if Upgrade incentives are meaningless at the end of the day.

Why would I upgrade my handset and want to pay much more for same handset models at THREE?

I understand that most companies have special offers to attract new customers but it seems pointless to lose existing customers in this way.

I will wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals later in the month before deciding whether to change my handset and if necessary mobile network!

I would much prefer to stay with THREE if I do upgrade my handset but I certainly won't be paying higher prices for any mobile network to have the privilege of my custom.

Just think this feedback should be shared with the 3 Community and THREE Ireland.

Thank you for letting me air my concerns on 3 Community Forum!

Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon