Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Prepay Plan - Date expires & credit consumed mismatch

Navigator

Hi 3,

23 Nov 18 @ 16.01

50202 advised

"From Three: Your plan expires on 24/11/2018. Remember to top up on that date by EUR20 in one go to keep your promotion. If you've already topped up, thanks T&C's Three.ie"

Didn't get to shop to get credit and approx 1.00am morning of 25th (an hour after midnight & plan expiring I lost data

25 Nov 18

@ 06.23

3Alerts advised

You have spent EURO 12.06 on Internet Services since 17/11/2018

You have spent EURO 6.03 on Internet Services since 17/11/2018

@06.50

3Alerts advised

You have spent EURO 15.08 on Internet Services since 17/11/2018

You have spent EURO 27.14 on Internet Services since 17/11/2018

I topped up EURO €20 on 27th Oct prior to holiday abroad hence the plan expiring 24th

So if plan expired on 24th please explain credit drain from 17th and only advising on 25th !!!

Regards

Damien

Re: Prepay Plan - Date expires & credit consumed mismatc

I've seen a few people going through this here and the jist is to disregard the date in the text as it's not about your internet, it's about a call or something you made that isn't part of your plan. The data is 1 euro per mb when plan expires so your credit was used straight away, if you turned off data on your phone then it wouldn't have. If you search for data charges, you'll find loads of these topics and the explanation.

Navigator

27th Nov 18 Topped up by EURO €20

27th Nov 18 @ 9.22

3Alerts advised

"Browse, text and call your mates ! You have topped up by 20, giving you All You Can Eat Data, Unlimited texts to any network & Unlimited calls to Three network"

Don't use text except get some incoming notifications maybe a few a month.

Wife & son all on Three network so calls free

WhatsApp & Social Media and also use wifi network in the office

So am hardly using anything of my allowance so if I turned my data off on the 24th (not that I used all my credit in the hour or so I was still up till 1am) then where is the date of 17th being triggered and blitzing my credit !!

None of it adds up

I'll have a look at data charges and see what posts I can find for similar, thanks

The amounts don't add up but you'll see it on other posts, I figure that's why these texts are not recommended to check costs!, It's correct in My3 but not by text. so I ignore the texts completely and just look at my3 - I've a scheduled top up though so it tops it up without me having to remember, I haven't seen those texts in a few months

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Navigator

Hi,

Checked My3 the other day and it had the 17th Nov down the bottom listed under Internet used outside of your allowance"

So I topped up yesterday and all dates point to expiring on 25 Dec 18

3 to 3 calls

Text in ROI & EU

Unlimited Data in ROI  - - - Remaining 2,096,082

Internet in ROI  - - - Remaining 6144

"Internet used outside of your allowance.  

Data usage this month             Internet       29.218 Mb     €29.36

Total value           €29.36 

Out-of-allowance data used since 17th November 2018"

So if I have unlimited data whats the difference between data & internet seeing as My3 seems to point to going above my internet allowance is responsible ?

Am I missing something simple here ?

The only thing I know is your data can't be charged til the plan expires. The internet used outside of allowance is from when your plan expires and it used 29 euro of your credit cuz it's 1.01 euro per mb. The date is not right, it can't be and if it was @1.01 euro per mb on the 17th, your ability to use data would have stopped from then.

Navigator

Any Three Advisors on here want to comment or do I have to call it in to support line ?

3 Community Manager

@ Damien086, Hi there, all the above information given is more or less correct. Going on the info you gave in your original post, we sent you a reminder text to top-up by the 24th. As this didn't happen, any usage after mid-night was chargeable. Our spend alerts are not in real time and are sent after the amount is spent. €27.14 equates to approximately 27MBs. This amount of data can be easily used within a few seconds, to give you an example, photos sent/received or viewed can require approximately 7MB each. If you send me a PM with your phone number, full name address and date of birth I can look into getting you a usage report which will show all the chargeable usage on your account  Deb  

Navigator

@Three_Deborah1yep, understand that 24Mb can be used very quickly but what I don't get is the 17th Nov date considering I topped up 27th Oct with plan expiring 24th Nov

"Out-of-allowance data used since 17th November 2018"
If I topped up 27th Oct and plan expires 24th Nov then surely it starts munching thru the credit from the 24th onwards ?

Thanks, Damien

Highlighted

The date isn't right, I've been on this plan for years. I've bill pay as well but I can tell you the date isn't right and you didn't get charged until the plan was up on the 28th day.
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>