Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Premium SMS Scam

It won't let me PM you - what do I do? This is very frustrating

Scout
I also got €20 taken by this scam last month but was told by support on live chat to get in touch with the company in question and that there was nothing 3 could due. No surprise that scam company hasn't got back to me.
Posted From Generic Android 2.0

[ Edited ]
3 Community Manager

Hi All,

Thank you for reaching out to us on our 3Community to highlight your experiences. We have forwarded this to the relevant company to investigate.

For those of you wishing to dispute this, contact help@pfi.me via email and include the short-code (5-digit code) specific with the service being charged for.

I previously mentioned the premium service bar that we can add to your account. Before you decide to add this bar please visit our premium rate services blog here - Premium Rate Services FAQs  It outlines exactly what the bar means and what it affects. If you are still happy to have the bar added to your account you can contact us to request this - contact Three 

Rachel

As an update I received a refund from "SB7 Mobile Ltd" (https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...iling-history), but they have yet to reply proving that I signed up to their service. Txtnation in an email to me claimed that "The reason that you have been billed is that you have clicked to enter a subscription service is to have 28 days access to a fitness and lifestyle portal that is completely accessible from your handset.The subscription service was also verified via a text message sent directly to your handset, to which you replied to confirm and activate the service."

I clicked no such thing and replied to no texts from them, so I have opened a complaint with Comreg who are now saying that it's the Data Protection Commission's job - so we'll see what happens.

Scout

This has just happened to me this morning.  Can I get this blocked also?

[ Edited ]
Lookout

Just received the same thing, either someone else put my number into something or Three needs to sort out random companies being allowed to bill my account without my consent...

Text message I was sent about 5 minutes ago:

FreeMsg: U have joined vFit.guru for 28 days access for Euro 20 (8x Euro 2.50 msgs). Help? 0818400300 SP: vFit.Guru

I have no idea what this is and I will not be contacting them myself, can one of the 3 agents get in touch because I won't be paying for that. Cheers

edit: the number was 57976, I have blocked it and I'm on billpay, I have €10 credit on my account last I looked, why can there not be a text from three asking if we agree to being charged? Seems wrong to be honest

Highlighted

Legend

Send a PM to a Mod with your account details requesting the block

Maestro
@PatJoe23440 did you read the reply from community manager? It's not a charge that Three have any control over but have been nice enough to contact the regulator to help with lodging complaints. That's all they can really do with premium texts. If you follow the instructions and have not subscribed you'll.get a refund. I know because my partner did that. Sorry it happened but it's not Three.
I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Maestro
Oh and to block any other text you can pm like @billbond4 said.
I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Lookout
Thanks lads, I requested the block and received this lovely email from the pfi crowd the 3 agent linked to,

"The reason that you have been billed is that you have clicked to enter a subscription service is to have 28 days access to a fitness and lifestyle portal that is completely accessible from your handset.The subscription service was also verified via a text message sent directly to your handset, to which you replied to confirm and activate the service."

Just want to point out that I never confirmed any type of service. I blocked the number the second I saw it, they have sent me another email address to contact...looks like I have to go running to get my money back, that never should have been billed off me in the first place. Unreal.
Posted From Samsung SM-G950F
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>