Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Port forwarding, NAT, public IP?

Scout

I have installed IP cameras at home and I have a big problem: it is imposible to get remote viewing. These are the main details:

• Three SIM prepay card.
  • 2G/3G/4G mobile modem/router.
  • Setup DYNDNS.ORG service without any issue (I can check in DynDNS if the modem/router is workink or not).
  • I tried with these APNs and allways happens the same: 3ireland.ie, 3Internet and open.internet.public
  • I can send emails, browse the Internet... so the SIM and the modem/router work fine.
  • I setup correctly the port forwarding and the NAT service in the router.
  • I can open the web server in the cameras and view the picture/video with no problem at all, but only when my PC is connected to the wifi generated by the router (so it is a "internal" connection, not trough the SIM data connection to Internet).
  • So if I use other LAN (i.e. my home LAN) it is totally impossible to connect with the cameras. It doesn't matter if I use the DynDNS domain or if I type in the browser the IP of the SIM.
  • Finally, I changed the SIM and tried with one from another company and all work fine with only one change: the APN.

Maybe Three is blocking the inbound traffic to the SIM or the port forwarding or the IP is not public, or...

Please, I need help to solve this trouble.

Thanks.

Re: Port forwarding, NAT, public IP?

Hi UMM 👋 I can look into this for you. Can you PM me your full name, SIM number, address and date of birth so I can access your account? Do you get an error message when you try remote viewing? 

Scout

I have a similar problem and I'm informed that I need to be assigned a dynamic public IP address. Does anyone know how to do this?

Legend
You will get a static public ip address but it will only be on 3g,if that's OK send a pm to the mods with your account details and request it

Scout

Thanks Billbond4, Is it possible to get 4G using a public dynamic IP address

Legend
I don't think so at the moment, but if you ask a mod they may have more info for it about you

[ Edited ]
3 Community Manager

@shayaway if you're looking to set up a public APN you can send me a PM with the broadband number 👍 Happy to help!

Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon